Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tusk air filter

Matt88-8

Anyone using the TUSK brand air filter? Looks solid, and less than half the price than the Uni one here. 

Can it be user with the stock lid?

On 8/18/2021 at 2:19 PM, Matt88-8 said:

Anyone using the TUSK brand air filter? Looks solid, and less than half the price than the Uni one here. 

Can it be user with the stock lid?

Did you find the Tusk here in Canada? Im not having much luck with a Tenere specific search.

17 minutes ago, toddiscdn said:

Did you find the Tusk here in Canada? Im not having much luck with a Tenere specific search.

No, I ordered it from RM. Cheaper than paying the middle man most times.

It *looks* like it would work, but I'm not sure if it's built for a stock lid or not

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toddiscdn said:

Gnarly parts in BC sells Tusk products.

They didn't list it the last time I looked but should be able to source it for you.

Send them a message with the tusk part number and they will probably bring one in for you.  I have had good luck dealing with them for a few items. 

I have a UNI on the shelf right now but will probably try to get another foam filter over the winter and the Tusk looks like a good product so far.

• Like 1

Yes, the Tusk air filter works well. It seems to have more surface area than the Uni foam filter.

IMG_0047.JPEG

IMG_0048.JPEG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scaryfast said:

Yes, the Tusk air filter works well. It seems to have more surface area than the Uni foam filter.

IMG_0047.JPEG

IMG_0048.JPEG

Make sure you oil it. They come dry I think. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Has anyone sourced a good prefilter sock for easy change on a long trip? 

29 minutes ago, bwilly said:

Has anyone sourced a good prefilter sock for easy change on a long trip? 

Once, on our yrip in Bolivia at 3600 m altitude, our DR600 couldnot pull up the steep hill due to blocked foam airfilter. We took it out and put a nylonstocking from my mom over the inlet snorkle. It worked and catched dust. Easy to clean too. Since then i always wear nylons on my trips...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've had my tusk filter for a while and I ride in dust pretty often since when off road I'm usually in a group. I've been surprised how little dust actually makes it into the filter. I kept the snorkel and cut the part under the lid shorter. I ordered a couple of them. I keep one oiled and ready to go for when I change them. So there's no wait and then I clean the other dirty one. I've been really happy with them so far. No a spec of anything past the filter using the "No Toil" brand cleaner and oil. It been my preferred cleaning/oiling product for years. Cheers!

• Moderators

@jeep.kevin Welcome to the forum and thanks for the feedback.   Maybe put a location in your signature for reference as Alabama red dirt is different than Sierra Nevada granite dust. 😉

( maybe we should start an off topic thread for Jeep stuff?) 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS