Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts Comfort low..be aware.

Offcamber

First let me say I like the seat. I just did 4 days of 155 miles per day as a guide for Dirt Daze and I was pretty comfortable compared to the stock seat. 

I had the seat off today to do some repair work and  went to fit it back on I got sharp pain in my thumb. A staple was poking through the material the at the very front of the seat. Because the padding is so thin up there the 3/8" staples they use go almost straight through.  I am really glad I didn't rip my expensive riding pants on it. Its pretty far forward so its not normally where you sit but if you are aggressive off road its possible it will rub.  🤔

Its not a huge deal but something to be aware of. I can feel other staples ready to push through in the same area. 

I plan to pull the offending staples out and put in a thin backer to make that area a little thicker so the staples don't poke through.

Just felt this was a good FYI. 

Pictures don't help much but you can see the area I am talking about. 

T7 SC seatcu.jpg

T7 SC seat.jpg

Edited by Offcamber
  • Like 4