Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Giant loop buckin' roll tank bag

Frayed

Greetings.  Trying to come to a decision on a tank bag but not crazy about putting a traditionally sized 6-12 litre bag on such a high tank as ours.  

Does anyone here run this Buckin' roll option from GL on their T7?  

(Photos would be fantastic)

The way the tank has no real flattish surface area might make it odd and thinking it would need to go just behind filler.  Worst case it could be dedicated to my dirt machine if it doesn't work out on the T7. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Frayed did you ever go with the Buckin Roll on a T7? Curious whether it fits behind the fuel cap but not in the way when standing? Photos would be great thx!

Still haven't made up my mind.  If I do I'll be sure to share.  I've since been looking at the Mosko Pico and Wolfman Tin cup.  All fairly similar. 

Edited by Frayed

1 hour ago, Frayed said:

Still haven't made up my mind.

There are some posts (somewhere) with pictures of the G/L Diablo. I thought it looked nice on the T7 so I got one.

Pricy and small, but looks good on the bike. Filling the gas tank is super simple. It is a six liter bag and I can't imagine using a smaller bag. That Buck'n Roll thing hold less than a weekend worth of condoms!                                                                                                        

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I totally hear you on the Diablo and have almost puchased many times.  It's the price that bothers me but as you say it fits the T7 perfectly and the zipper/gas setup puts it over the top.  The small Tusk bag is very similar for under $100 I believe.  Doesn't have the zipper setup but instead unclip 2 clips for gas.  Just hard to justify the Diablo's price personally. 

13 minutes ago, Frayed said:

Just hard to justify the Diablo's price personally. 

Agreed, the Diablo is overpriced!                                                                    

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~