Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Givi toolbox installed.

Jens

I was never happy with the size, shape, or location of the Touratech toolbox that was a part of the lower crash bar. 

So I have been trying to figure out how to install my favorite Givi toolbox on the Tenere 700 – and I’m quite happy with the final result 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is a few pics of the Touratech toolbox that is now lying on a shelf in the workshop....

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Looks good.

I did similar in the spring.

Tucked in nicely and it holds lots of stuff.

AF95528F-99C6-4FD5-9F76-CBBADDF614BB_1_201_a.jpeg

14CD5495-51DA-4E33-9463-25D09D419EA8.jpeg

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 3

I like it. Trying to brainstorm a way to mount it in a similar fashion only problem is I don’t have racks of any sort and never will. 

39 minutes ago, mpatch said:

I like it. Trying to brainstorm a way to mount it in a similar fashion only problem is I don’t have racks of any sort and never will. 

My box is mounted using a bracket I made that attaches to the 4 inside mounts and then attaches to the 4 bolts under the tail.  Painted black the mounting bracket is basically invisible.

It's not pretty, but it is made from 6mm aluminum plate and is very strong.  

Look underneath and you will see the 4 bolt locations.

The strap you see on the outside is not actually needed, and does very little.  I decided to add it to give bit of support, but I have run without my rack and the outside bracket with no issue.

I am considering adding a second toolbox on the other side as well If I can pick one up for cheap.  Or I might put a tool tube in the right side location.

9416F426-F8F1-488F-9A24-7E486EFC578D.jpeg

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1