Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AltRider crash bars

gebhart_m

Just put on the first set of production crash bars by AltRider for the Tenere 700.  Quite a bit more "robust" than the last set I had on.  The clamp system for attaching to the frame and to the lower bar is amazing, simple in concept but they really delivered in the product.  Seen quite a few different crash bars but IMO these beat everything currently out there.  You won't be disappointed with these, they are well worth it.

20210830_150615.jpg

20210830_150629.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@MMLenc Welcome to the forum and when you can, swing by and post in the new members section.  If you put @ in front of the screen name, they'll be notified of your question.   Looks like the full Altrider crashbar system is $545.97 USD.

AltRider Crash Bars for the Yamaha Tenere 700 - Now that yoursquo;re the proud owner of a Yamaha Tenere 700 ndash; or maybe have one on order ndash; you will want crash bars to protect it. The AltRider crash...

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators
On 8/31/2021 at 9:21 AM, gebhart_m said:

Just put on the first set of production crash bars by AltRider for the Tenere 700.  Quite a bit more "robust" than the last set I had on.  The clamp system for attaching to the frame and to the lower bar is amazing, simple in concept but they really delivered in the product.  Seen quite a few different crash bars but IMO these beat everything currently out there.  You won't be disappointed with these, they are well worth it.

20210830_150615.jpg

20210830_150629.jpg

That is a great looking set. Thanks for sharing - I may go this direction in the future.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, AZJW said:

@MMLenc Welcome to the forum and when you can, swing by and post in the new members section.  If you put @ in front of the screen name, they'll be notified of your question.   Looks like the full Altrider crashbar system is $545.97 USD.

AltRider Crash Bars for the Yamaha Tenere 700 - Now that yoursquo;re the proud owner of a Yamaha Tenere 700 ndash; or maybe have one on order ndash; you will want crash bars to protect it. The AltRider crash...

Thanks AZJW!

For the moment I went for the Motea ones. They look sturdy enough. I'll post some pics when installed.

• Like 1

I ordered lowers from AltRider, looking forward to installing them.

My 3-point protection system is Camel Adv Bash Plate,  AltRider lower Crash Bars  and CYCRA Pro Bend Hand Guards (not yet ordered).

• Like 1

I have the Altrider lower bars and waiting for my upper bars.  I have their skid plate as well and it does a great job of protecting the important stuff, including the shock bottom link.  Oh, and the clear headlight protector that is really impressive.

D9D581BF-09FB-44EA-B9C4-0D8F0D7200F1.jpeg

Edited by Dark Helmet
add picture
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, thepointchris said:

My 3-point protection system is Camel Adv Bash Plate,  AltRider lower Crash Bars  and CYCRA Pro Bend Hand Guards (not yet ordered).

Nice, mine is the Black Dog Cycle Works Bash Plate, AltRider full bars and the Barkbuster handguards.

How is sitting/standing leg/shin clearance for the rear lower bar mount & how tall are you?

16 minutes ago, prowlnS10 said:

How is sitting/standing leg/shin clearance for the rear lower bar mount & how tall are you?

Don't have any issues at all regarding clearance.  I am 6' 1"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Changed the order today - BarkBusters from Adventure Spec, ships from CO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, prowlnS10 said:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  No problems standing at all, I'm 5'8",   but if you're taller I don't think it will be an issue.  My upper bars should be here soon.

• Like 1