Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts Tall Rally fitment issue fix

LateApex

Got my Tall rally seat yesterday & at first I couldn’t get it to fit.  Seemed like I couldn’t get it to flex enough to get the latch & finger to line up, they were about a 1/2” too far back.  Took a look at it & the only thing that could be adjusted on the pan were the metal hooks in the middle of the seat pan.  I unbolted both & the seat snapped right in but flexed way too much without them.  I put them back on with a 1mm washer under the hooks & still too tight.  2 washers under the hook made it fit just right. My experience with Seat Concepts full seat pan seats on my dirt bikes is that the fit tight at first, but after a few rides & heat cycles they mold into the right shape.  I expect I’ll be able to remove the washers at some point in the future. 

Took the bike for a ride & the new riding position is great!  My helmet is now above the windshield turbulence & I can hear again!  I was worried that the extra height was going to make it harder to touch, but I feel like my feet are only slightly higher.  I think the dirt bike shape of the seat lets my legs have a straight shot down, I always felt bow legged with the stock seat.  Lastly, same as all the other Seat Concepts that I’ve put on my bikes, my gooch feels like it’s floating on a cloud when I ride. No one else comes close to their foam.  

I’ll post a few pics a little later. 

Bless you. I got mine in the mail today and was about to lose my mind with the same fitment issue. I'll have to go grab some washers tomorrow.

Edit : it worked! Also nice graphics kit lol

IMG_20210920_093333__01.jpg

Edited by tydubs@gmail.co
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

quick question if I may.......the strips on the seat, don't you notice those on your butt, like uncomfortable?  Or not noticeable?  Thanks.  I was going to order the Yamaha Rally seat, but maybe Seat Concepts is the way to go....

On 4/13/2022 at 11:02 AM, rosok said:

quick question if I may.......the strips on the seat, don't you notice those on your butt, like uncomfortable?  Or not noticeable?  Thanks.  I was going to order the Yamaha Rally seat, but maybe Seat Concepts is the way to go....

You can also get the tall seat from Seat Concepts without the strips, I've got one and so far its been great!