Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A few more additions

Rich TT

First service today. Shout out to Arnold's of Loughborough. Top lads.

Heated grips, T7 tail tidy, flashers plus indicators (nice) and centre stand. Just ordered a smaller flexi plate, then everything is done.

IMG_20191012_170015.jpg

IMG_20191012_173208.jpg

IMG_20191012_165211.jpg

• Like 7

• Premium Member

Nice...... and all cleaned up after Spanish Pyrenees 😉 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, X Plane said:

Nice...... and all cleaned up after Spanish Pyrenees 😉 

Yep. She cleaned up well. I thought I'd have stone chips on the rims after all those rocks and pebbles, but not one. Must be thick paint😊

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

So, they installed them for you? 

Yes they did. I installed everything else before I went to Spain on the T7 and they fitted these last parts at the same time as the service. They did a good job.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lank45 said:

Is that the R&G tail tidy? Hope so, it’s the one I’ve got on order and that looks great!

No, it's the T7 rally one. They've recently put a fitment guide on YouTube. The R&G is quality too and will look good.

Cheers Rich

really don't get the point of a headlight guard, even Enduro riders at places like the Red Bull Romaniacs don't use one, neither to Dakar riders, who's ever cracked an acrylic lens and been stranded for it?

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScorpionT16 said:

really don't get the point of a headlight guard, even Enduro riders at places like the Red Bull Romaniacs don't use one, neither to Dakar riders, who's ever cracked an acrylic lens and been stranded for it?

You're probably right. I only installed it for a recent Pyrenees trip. Had some huge rocks flick up onto the uprated sump guard that gouged out big grooves. But nothing flicked up as high as the headlight (yet).

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

Check the price for the headlight. Then you get it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TE700 said:

Good call. That's one of the reasons I fitted it😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TE700 said:

Again, if the headlights on the other Dakar Bikes/enduro competition bikes don't break, at least I've never seen one, what are the odds of this one's breaking? polycarbonate or acylic is quite durable, and the one on the T7 looks decently thick. We deal with it alot at work on CNC machines and routers, and at times it snaps drill bits, even saftey glasses are made of it for a reason. The price of a cracked rim is also expensive, so is a broken tail light, etc... no one's protecting those? I'm just genuinely curious, cause its if its valid I'll get one too. I grew up in east africa and even in the 80's/90's when they were glass, never saw a cracked headlight, and Africa has some brutal terrain.

I've only heard of people break headlights on the BMW GS bikes, never on these. Paulin from Motorcycle adventures also dropped his XT660 in a ditch and broke the windshield, headlight was fine. 

13 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Again, if the headlights on the other Dakar Bikes/enduro competition bikes don't break, at least I've never seen one, what are the odds of this one's breaking? polycarbonate or acylic is quite durable, and the one on the T7 looks decently thick. We deal with it alot at work on CNC machines and routers, and at times it snaps drill bits, even saftey glasses are made of it for a reason. The price of a cracked rim is also expensive, so is a broken tail light, etc... no one's protecting those? I'm just genuinely curious, cause its if its valid I'll get one too. I grew up in east africa and even in the 80's/90's when they were glass, never saw a cracked headlight, and Africa has some brutal terrain.

I've only heard of people break headlights on the BMW GS bikes, never on these. Paulin from Motorcycle adventures also dropped his XT660 in a ditch and broke the windshield, headlight was fine. 

Again, check the price and you will get it, maybe.

28 minutes ago, TE700 said:

Where is the price?

You do know almost all cars use acrylic headlights, and other than one's in severe accidents, I never see broken ones. Here in Canada we have lots of flying gravel, sand and debris esp in winter, gone through multiple cracked windshields, never a headlamp. I think that guard is great for chips, bugs, keeping the headlight lens clearer etc... Though the odds of it breaking are very low to none. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TE700 said:

I think you're either being pedantic or you're just refusing to accept that these things don't break. I've no issue someone putting one on for aesthetic reasons, to "look the part" but the guy is correct, they don't break.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cabby said:

I think you're either being pedantic or you're just refusing to accept that these things don't break. I've no issue someone putting one on for aesthetic reasons, to "look the part" but the guy is correct, they don't break.   

Yes, I think you are refusing that these things can break. You and @ScorpionT16 have no proof that these things don't break in any condition. Everybody can claim anything. And I say these things can break so a headlight guard is useful. Discussion is over.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TE700 said:

Yes, I think you are refusing that these things can break. You and @ScorpionT16 have no proof that these things don't break in any condition. Everybody can claim anything. And I say these things can break so a headlight guard is useful. Discussion is over.

Okay, what's the price of a new headlamp? and question for the OP, how do you clean the headlight guard, does dust/dirt get on the inside surface, does it have to be taken of to be cleaned?

and question for the OP, how do you clean the headlight guard, does dust/dirt get on the inside surface, does it have to be taken of to be cleaned?

Not so far. Plenty of room to aim the powerwasher in-between the protector and lens and also to get your fingers in to wipe most of it. Cleans easily

Edited by Rich TT

On 10/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, Rich TT said:

First service today. Shout out to Arnold's of Loughborough. Top lads.

Heated grips, T7 tail tidy, flashers plus indicators (nice) and centre stand. Just ordered a smaller flexi plate, then everything is done.

IMG_20191012_170015.jpg

IMG_20191012_173208.jpg

IMG_20191012_165211.jpg

Nice whats the pipe? Mick 

1 minute ago, Motoadventure said:

Nice whats the pipe? Mick 

MTC (Max Torque Cans). Great service and very impressed with the pipe sound, weight, quality and price. Sounds the business to be honest. The baffle quietens it down quite a bit, so you have two options.

I'm running baffle out.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

7 x 5 flexi plate stuck on the T7 rally tail tidy. Much sexier rear end now compared with the hideous, heavy and wobbly standard one. Is a kind of mud guard too, so should stop me getting a filthy back.

IMG_20191015_192519.jpg

IMG_20191015_192400.jpg