Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dash Wobble Options

Burnsey

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

Are there any other options other than the Camel ones anyone can recommend?

Donnertech makes a nice one, bit more pricey but it is solid. 

image?remote=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.donner-te

Our "Cockpit-Stabilizer" puts an end to the wobbling of the unstable cockpit strut of the Tenere 700. On bumpy roads, the Tenere 700's cockpit tends to vibrate a lot - especially if a navigation device that is more or less heavy is...

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

4 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

Donnertech makes a nice one, bit more pricey but it is solid. 

image?remote=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.donner-te

Our "Cockpit-Stabilizer" puts an end to the wobbling of the unstable cockpit strut of the Tenere 700. On bumpy roads, the Tenere 700's cockpit tends to vibrate a lot - especially if a navigation device that is more or less heavy is...

That is a cracking option, but reading the description, it needs to be combined with their GPS bracket, which I wouldn't want or need unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Are there any other options other than the Camel ones anyone can recommend?

Are you looking for something less expensive or available in your area to keep shipping costs down?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

Are you looking for something less expensive or available in your area to keep shipping costs down?  

Cost isn't an issue. Solving it is more important and think the Camel is a bit overkill perhaps.

I have planned a Quadlock mirror mount for the Nav bar, so the previous solution doesn't work for me.

I am a previous GS rider, who used to take the kitchen sink on trips. Had panniers, top box,Nav VI, etc, etc etc. I managed to get my gear down to a single Mosko seat bag and phone use for navigation and in a happy place now I have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClutchXT said:

There are a few 3d print options aswell, do you know anyone with a printer

Not currently, but would prefer a manufactured and tested solution.

I've re-watched the install video on the Camel product and ordered.

I would prefer a 'neater' solution, but for now this will at least do what it's meant to do.

• Like 1

I was skeptical about the Camel adventure bobble head bracket, but ordered one anyway since I wanted their side stand. The bracket is very well make, the delivery was fast, looks OEM on the bike, and most importantly it truly solved the dash and headlight shaking. Both products are outstanding.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bmp4510 said:

I was skeptical about the Camel adventure bobble head bracket, but ordered one anyway since I wanted their side stand. The bracket is very well make, the delivery was fast, looks OEM on the bike, and most importantly it truly solved the dash and headlight shaking. Both products are outstanding.

Thanks for that.

I suppose that was my motivator too.I was buying Acerbis hand guards and the supplier is the UK Camel distributor,so was already paying for postage.

Reading this and other forums, no doubt it works and suppose the three point attachment is destined to work versus less, so the 'overkill' may just make it work I guess.

And yes, their stuff is generally decent.

• 2 weeks later...

I did follow up the item Chris recommended, but in between waiting a response, bought the Camel and will install today.

Thanks all.

22 minutes ago, tumad said:

I've installed this multi purpose version. Works a treat:

Do you have any pics of it installed?

I'm curious to know how this reduces the bobble.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

On 9/30/2021 at 11:28 PM, Burnsey said:

Cost isn't an issue. Solving it is more important and think the Camel is a bit overkill perhaps.

I have planned a Quadlock mirror mount for the Nav bar, so the previous solution doesn't work for me.

I am a previous GS rider, who used to take the kitchen sink on trips. Had panniers, top box,Nav VI, etc, etc etc. I managed to get my gear down to a single Mosko seat bag and phone use for navigation and in a happy place now I have.

I have Nerb1's awesome bracket that doubles up as a extra strong mount < well worth a watch (you'll have to ship from Oz but it's rather good and strong) ... you'll also see it in use on my latest video where I'm doing 0-60 mph and standing quarter stuff 😁 

Edited by RIDER GUIDER
  • Like 1

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

27 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I think it does what mine does and effectively clamps the computer to the nav bar.

It clamps to the nav bar and clips in behind the dash. Solid as a rock and the whole unit can still move if it needs to. i.e. the lights etc etc. Also holds a phone..

So,  I installed the @Camel ADV brackets and have to thanks them for their cracking install videos on all products!

Bottom attachment is fiddly, as shown, but the solution is first class and took me a careful 30 minutes. I'd do it again in half that.

For a handmade product, they are a superb fit.

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
3 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

So,  I installed the @Camel ADV brackets and have to thanks them for their cracking install videos on all products!

Bottom attachment is fiddly, as shown, but the solution is first class and took me a careful 30 minutes. I'd do it again in half that.

For a handmade product, they are a superb fit.

I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase!

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Not sure what else you'd be looking for that the Camel brackets don't handle aside from a look.  I've had the Camel installed on my T7 since new and I find it has been a very solid addition to the bike.  No issues at all, I find they look the part, and they have been crash tested and held up well.  In fact, I wonder if the front end of the bike would have made it with only scratches had I not had them installed.  Good mod all around, super easy install, well made, and I leave them highly recommended.   

• Like 1