Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel Tail Tidy review - reusing the OE signals.

Landshark

I purchased the Camel Tail Tidy after several rides as the stock set up was kinda like a flag in the wind back there.  Ugly too.  

The Camel product is available with the tear drop washers that allow reuse of the original lights.   You can get the washers to suit LEDs as well.  This unit is solid and built to last.  Easy to install, just follow the Camel ADV video that shows you how to remove the old stuff, install the new and put it back together.  

Before...

20210506_143719.thumb.jpg.1d287de6e980cc789167babd1b7e98fe.jpg

After...

20211011_105350.thumb.jpg.33f1db413122e5a18dd03b2a2b4f95da.jpg

20211011_105410.thumb.jpg.f04c0ab8ade626d2fcc3a740936a629b.jpg

20211011_105446.thumb.jpg.ec2ca082acc1846c1700d45d49abffcb.jpg

• Like 3

@Landshark Do the OE signals still shake (like a dog after a swim) on the Camel T/T?

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

17 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

@Landshark Do the OE signals still shake (like a dog after a swim) on the Camel T/T?

No.  They're a lot more solid.  They still flex when you physically grab and move them but they don't wag while riding the bike.  Sooo much better.  Makes the bike look good too.  I did put red reflector tape on each side just under the tail piece in hopes it makes my bike more legal.  A red reflector is also required at the rear of the bike but I don't see a place to put it without fabricating something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Thanks for the shout out!

My pleasure.  You supply great quality product that's worth mentioning.  Thanks for being a sponsor of this forum.   

Cory makes good stuff!

That being said, I ran my T7 with the stock indicators and the Camel pipe (not recommended, which is why I had to do it...) and....well somewhere along the forestry trunk road is my blinker lens and the blinker body looks like its seen the bright end of a propane torch.😁

For all you inhabitants of Canuckistan, I'm now running these...Available at Canadian Tire, with my Camel Tail Tidy. Just need to see Cory for a new flasher relay. And if you break one (or more) off, they are $30 for a set of four, and are bright!

0203445_1?wid=225&hei=225

Alpena LED Moto Signal adds a sequential sweep design to your motorcycle Installs on almost all motorcycles using a 10 mm handlebar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

38 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

Cory makes good stuff!

That being said, I ran my T7 with the stock indicators and the Camel pipe (not recommended, which is why I had to do it...) and....well somewhere along the forestry trunk road is my blinker lens and the blinker body looks like its seen the bright end of a propane torch.😁

For all you inhabitants of Canuckistan, I'm now running these...Available at Canadian Tire, with my Camel Tail Tidy. Just need to see Cory for a new flasher relay. And if you break one (or more) off, they are $30 for a set of four, and are bright!

Alpena LED Moto Signal adds a sequential sweep design to your motorcycle Installs on almost all motorcycles using a 10 mm handlebar

I saw those a few weeks ago and was wondering if they would be any good.

I found the stock signals in the camel tail tidy to be around the same in terms of flopping around when compared to the stock tail.

On a couple of bumpy rides they were almost out of the bracket and needed to push them back in.

I replaced them with DRC signals and have not had an issue since. 

Might try the canadian tire signals if I have an issue in the future.  Didn't want to buy them because of all the bad reviews of the ebay versions out there which appear to be hard to see in the daytime.

I am keeping the stock front signals until I rip them off in a crash.  They don't flop and are nice and bright and easily seen.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Canzvt said:

Cory makes good stuff!

Moto LEDs at Canadian Tire... bizarre. Hopefully, they are OK quality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

4 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Moto LEDs at Canadian Tire... bizarre. Hopefully, they are OK quality.

Well, they have been on my bike for about 1000kms now, but mostly road riding (60/40 pavement/gravel) so now sure about durability, but for $30, I'll give it a try. If they are crap, then I'll get some better ones next year.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...