Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Identify this rear rack?

DT675

Can anyone identify this rack? I think it might fit my needs but can’t find what/who/where it is!

0521FCBE-B5C7-4318-BBAD-BED1E708CF43.thumb.png.85a079f09a1510f3db5604b43df837a5.png

Sorry I don't know that specific one but it is VERY similar to the Adventure Spec one. Hope that helps.

image_1024?unique=8efc294

A powder coated tough flat-plate rear rack incorporating pillion/strapping handles, 4 holes to mount a RotoPax water/fuel tank mount and edge strapping points.

Thanks @gnortz!  That was quick. So it looks like a German made rack in which they are not able/willing to ship to the US unfortunately.  Thats too bad because it looks like it would have fit my needs,  which is to be far enough back on the bike to clear my OEM Mono seat rack that i have a Rotopax mount with a tank on it. Also the height looks about right.  Some of the racks out there like the Adventure Spec are too tall and would interfere with the Rotopax. 

The search continues. 

Edited by DT675

So, like you I'm looking for a small(ish) rear rack that can do double duty to secure my Mosko Moto 80 system and hold a rotopax. I like the Altrider gear https://www.altrider.com/altrider-rear-luggage-rack-for-the-yamaha-tenere-700/pid/2932 as my Super T has their full line fitted, but I am looking at Camel's new rack. Both might be what you are looking for.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

@Canzvt, I’ve looked into the Altrider rack. But members of this forum have said it interferes with the Oem Mono rack. I wasn’t aware Camel was making one. I’ll have to go check that out. 

@norton73 at 1st glance it looks a little to tall but worth digging into the details. Thanks. 

Take a look at the Outback Motortek rear rack.  Looks quite similar to that design with the same mounting points if that's what you are going for.  

On 10/12/2021 at 11:33 PM, norton73 said:

How about the Bumot rack? 

spacer.png

I use this rack because it is cheap and functional. But it is not very well suited for any U-shaped soft luggage like the Giant loop, 21 brothers and others or for luggage that uses a harness over the (rear) seat like the Mosko Reckless or the Kriega OS Base.

The passenger grips stick out too high and too far for such luggage to fit nicely.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

On 10/18/2021 at 8:22 AM, duibhceK said:

I use this rack because it is cheap and functional. But it is not very well suited for any U-shaped soft luggage like the Giant loop, 21 brothers and others or for luggage that uses a harness over the (rear) seat like the Mosko Reckless or the Kriega OS Base.

The passenger grips stick out too high and too far for such luggage to fit nicely.

Great point. Thanks. I do have the Tusk rackless side bags. 

The Aliexpress rack looks to be to close to the rear seat to fit with the OEM mono seat rack. 

Looks like the Outback Motortek rack will interfere with the OEM Mono seat rack as well. 

I might just go with the Tusk and cut it down as others have done. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:27 PM, DT675 said:

Can anyone identify this rack? I think it might fit my needs but can’t find what/who/where it is!

0521FCBE-B5C7-4318-BBAD-BED1E708CF43.thumb.png.85a079f09a1510f3db5604b43df837a5.png

I think is from Aliexpress

Yes, it is. I took the screen shot from Aliexpress.  However, they were advertising the side panel decals and not the rack. I eventually did identify it- thanks.