Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Enduristan or Kriega (or something else)?

Burnsey

Looking for user recommendations.

I went from taking the world with me on trips, using hard panniers, top boxes, tank bags - the lot (!), but got down to just a Mosko Moto 30L rear bag and have managed absolutely fine.

Now I have the Tenere, I'm thinking a full 30L bag on the back seat is overkill, so been looking at the saddlebag type alternative.

I do like the Tenere specific Kriega OS base with two 12L bags and then the Enduristan caught my eye. Probably looking at the large/12L also.

I do not want to use a rack of any type.

So, over to you guys...

Edited by Burnsey

• Burnsey changed the title to Enduristan or Kriega (or something else)?

I'm pretty happy with the Enduristan Blizzard. XL in my case.

Looked at the Kriega OS base and Mosko Reckless option and a few others as well. My main reasons to go for Enduristan were: Have been using their tank bag and tool roll for many miles and was pretty happy with the design and quality, compatibility with after market passenger grab rails and price.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

14 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

I'm pretty happy with the Enduristan Blizzard. XL in my case.

Looked at the Kriega OS base and Mosko Reckless option and a few others as well. My main reasons to go for Enduristan were: Have been using their tank bag and tool roll for many miles and was pretty happy with the design and quality, compatibility with after market passenger grab rails and price.

Ditto, love my Enduristan bags. Better value and construction than the Kreiga IMO. And Mosko stuff is WAY over priced, but good.

• Like 1

Enduristan blizzard XL and tank bag Lomo crash bar bags and 50ltr roll top bag

Kriega good kit but overpriced IMO  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mapbook said:

Enduristan blizzard XL and tank bag Lomo crash bar bags and 50ltr roll top bag

Kriega good kit but overpriced IMO  

Anything would seem overpriced with that amount of luggage 😂

• Haha 1

In keeping with my new less-is-more approach to riding, I recently bought Green Chile Adventure Gear's Pecos Value Bundle for use on both my T7 and R1200GS when traveling.

Pecos_Bundle-NR_White_BG_240x.jpg?v=1580

This is one of the most flexible luggage systems you will ever use. They are built to withstand the gnarliest adventures, and allow you to keep the weight down for better off...

To date, test fitting only on the T7 and one 380 mile day on the GS with the 20 liter bags loaded with camping gear. I'm very impressed with the simplicity, innovation and functionality of this system, not to mention it truly is a great value.

20210808_142938.thumb.jpg.248829c8bb319908c47ff6fb04adb0a6.jpg20210808_142916.thumb.jpg.0c8fa05c92b0bd9151464ca32984bdf6.jpg20210808_143006.thumb.jpg.cef66c3ba8737831b7cd448defdc5517.jpg20210816_133108.thumb.jpg.e560bbb2a181a729bb6a68bce7dc57d6.jpg20210816_170739.thumb.jpg.78f8fac342ea964bf74cd846ed00c93c.jpg

• Like 2

Minimalism is what I am looking for - max 25-30L in a 'throw over', which will be perfect for a week away.

• Like 1

My intent is to strap a waterproof duffle between the 20L bags when/if I need more capacity for trips. Lots of tie-down points for Rok Straps, etc., on the Green Chile harness.

• Like 1

As an aside I've bought a Mosko Nomax (formerly Nomad) tank bag. 

Many say they're overpriced, but I really do like their gear. Wish it was waterproof and didn't need a cover, but the rest of the bag is extremely functional.

I will actually use it mainly as a rear seat bag for days out, but when travelling, it can go where it is supposed to and I will test out the Tenere with their 30L seat bag, although I expect to ditch that for some throw over panniers, but not decided which ones yet.

Adventure Spec don't have stock of their side brackets, so ordered these today from R&G. Went for black.

Basically the same, with different profile and hole locations - could I say better?

Will attach a Kriega OS 12L on each side and should manage fine.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 08.36.21.png

• Like 3

Love the Kriega with the harness. You decide which size bags you want and how and how many to carry. I have 2x16 and 1x12. So Every ride I can just choose exactly how much I need. 1 night hotel,  12 on top. 2 days camping with food, 2x16 on the sides, or 12+16 on the sides of the weather is mild. No need to try and compress a large bag to fit just a couple of things. Entire harness+bags comes off in seconds and takes a minute to mount. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, WalterT said:

Love the Kriega with the harness. You decide which size bags you want and how and how many to carry. I have 2x16 and 1x12. So Every ride I can just choose exactly how much I need. 1 night hotel,  12 on top. 2 days camping with food, 2x16 on the sides, or 12+16 on the sides of the weather is mild. No need to try and compress a large bag to fit just a couple of things. Entire harness+bags comes off in seconds and takes a minute to mount. 

I overthink everything, so my starting point was I get everything for a weeks travel in my Mosko 30L  bag. I really don't want to break my self-imposed 'minimal' rule, so decided...

Two 12L Kriega OS - one per side.

I reckon I can lose the 8L, but the Mosko Nomax can take the slack and as I'm not a huge fan of bags on tanks, it can sit on the rear seat with a pretty low profile.

I was all for the harness, but the racks work better for me.

I may splash out and get 2 x 16 too, but will test on the first trip.

Edited by Burnsey

I've been using the AltRider Hemisphere bag with great success. It's like many of the u-shaped bags, but has the benefit of being able to remove the dry bag and leave the "holsters" to carry gear for a day ride. They work great with no rack. Top quality. 

91B8DF2D-2FC3-457C-B375-41EC77AA52C9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.cb9ee5456ece463c32c063c14eefeffa.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a Mosko Moto Reckless 40 and the 80 i used on the XT660Z, just have to bake something to fix it to at the back.
There are nice options but i build garbage trucks and do most of the prototypes of new inventions, making something is much cheaper.
For now i have the Stinger 8 that comes with the R40 as the tailpack strapped on the back seat for my lunchbox.
On the Crosstourer i have the Mosko Moto Back country 35L V2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Adventure Spec don't have stock of their side brackets, so ordered these today from R&G. Went for black.

Basically the same, with different profile and hole locations - could I say better?

Will attach a Kriega OS 12L on each side and should manage fine.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 08.36.21.png

do you happen to have a few pics installed on your bike? love these types, (adv spec look good also)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RagingBullFish said:

do you happen to have a few pics installed on your bike? love these types, (adv spec look good also)

It hasn't arrived yet, but will do in a few days.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 2:09 AM, RagingBullFish said:

Here you go...

I decided to order Kriega OS12 x 2.

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Burnsey said:

Here you go...

I decided to order Kriega OS12 x 2.

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Those look awesome! Thanks I will definitely look into them!

Hello Guys,

I am using the Kriega US18 Bags together with the AS side luggage racks and I am look for suitable inner pockets.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

I think its easier to leave the Kriega Bags on the bike and take the inner pockets with me (like the mosko moto rackless systems).

Regards

Sigi

11 minutes ago, Sigi said:

I am using the Kriega US18 Bags together with the AS side luggage racks and I am look for suitable inner pockets.

Don't all Kriega bags come with a removable (velcroed) white inner liner?

But if you are looking for additional lightweight inner bags I have good experiences with both Osprey and Sea to Summit Dry bags. Both are available in various sizes. I use them inside the Magadans on my Husqy and the Enduristans on my T7.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

Hello duibhceK,

thanks for your recommendation! Will search for this bags.

Regards

Sigi

Same experience as the OP. I was spoiled with the capacity of the Vario cases on my GS but seldom had both full or even expanded for most trips. Now on the T700 I'm definitely downsizing. Had my choices narrowed down between the Kriega OS and Wolfman Rolie bags but couldn't decide what sizes in either brand. Ended up ordering the Kriega OS mount and one 12L bag. Once I see how I like the size I'll either order another 12 and decide if I need a middle bag or order 2 18L bags and use the 12 in the middle.

• Like 1

Well, turns out the Kriega supplier let me down on stock, so decided on the 12L Enduristan Base Packs.

Similar to Kriega with a few differences and quirks.

Will let you know thoughts when they land.

511aUtSTo0L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

• Like 2

It goes on...

Couldn't get a secure enough fit with Enduristan on the R&G racks, so these are going back and Kriega UK now have OS12 stock, so they're ordered.

I'm 50/50 on swapping the racks out for the Kriega specific base pack, so ordered it and will decide which I prefer, then return/sell the other.

Edited by Burnsey