Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

(Budget) Bike covers

Hammerhead

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-covers/half-cover-detail

For anyone curious, this Nelson Riggs half cover in medium (smallest) size fits the T7 quite well.
  Reasonable price & quality.

Plenty light & packs down small enough (almost beer can size) to earn its keep onboard. 
  Doubtful it would stretch over the stock tail section as this fit over the Kriega bags & camel tail tidy pulls it near the limit. “Tent” space left over the saddle is plenty enough for your boots & gear to be kept outa the weather too. Liking it!

D2884591-CC97-4106-86E9-336ADD362246.jpeg

EBEFD882-FDA7-4E13-99AD-9A33C994A132.jpeg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 6:03 PM, Hammerhead said:

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-covers/half-cover-detail

For anyone curious, this Nelson Riggs half cover in medium (smallest) size fits the T7 quite well.
  Reasonable price & quality.

Plenty light & packs down small enough (almost beer can size) to earn its keep onboard. 
  Doubtful it would stretch over the stock tail section as this fit over the Kriega bags & camel tail tidy pulls it near the limit. “Tent” space left over the saddle is plenty enough for your boots & gear to be kept outa the weather too. Liking it!

D2884591-CC97-4106-86E9-336ADD362246.jpeg

EBEFD882-FDA7-4E13-99AD-9A33C994A132.jpeg

Would you mind looking at your tag? I have part UV2000-02-MD from my FZ-07 a while back but it doesn't seem to fit my T7 near as well as the one you show. Maybe they changed sizes since then... 🤔

On 4/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, AdvCurious said:

Would you mind looking at your tag? I have part UV2000-02-MD from my FZ-07 a while back but it doesn't seem to fit my T7 near as well as the one you show. Maybe they changed sizes since then... 🤔

Will do when reunited with my bike in a week. (Out of town work) It’s a snug fit even over the Camel tail tidy, so if you’re still stock out back that might explain it. Or maybe they have changed it. Have a look in a week or so.

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

That’s the same label on mine @AdvCurious , for what it’s worth?. As noted before, snug enough  fit over a tail tidy I suspect the stock tail could be the make or brake difference with this unit. What I liked most was the small price weight & packing size. Does a fair enough job to warrant staying aboard for most travels without taking up valuable space.

E9FA881A-BB57-4AE8-9B3B-EF6227FDBE2E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

That’s the same label on mine @AdvCurious , for what it’s worth?. As noted before, snug enough  fit over a tail tidy I suspect the stock tail could be the make or brake difference with this unit. What I liked most was the small price weight & packing size. Does a fair enough job to warrant staying aboard for most travels without taking up valuable space.

E9FA881A-BB57-4AE8-9B3B-EF6227FDBE2E.jpeg

Thank you for checking on that. Wild, I had a hard time just getting it over the taillight and the side bungees seemed like a long stretch down to the pegs, didn't even try. I did message them on their website and they recommended the Large and if there was luggage on the bike then go to an XL. I really did like the cover for daily commuting on my FZ so I planned on getting a new one for this. Cheap, keeps the rain and sun off things. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just bought one of these covers and was surprised that it was thin plastic, not nylon fabric.  Basically, I got a $40 shower cap for the T7!  I have had great luck with Nelson Rigg products but this one did not live up to my expectations.  The large size seemed good for my bike if the "fabric" had been OK.

Back it goes and I will try an Oxford half cover next.

Edited by Hollybrook

Covers, especially the cheap ones are worse than let the bike out in rain and snow.

• 4 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, Hollybrook said:

I just bought one of these covers and was surprised that it was thin plastic, not nylon fabric.  Basically, I got a $40 shower cap for the T7!  I have had great luck with Nelson Rigg products but this one did not live up to my expectations.  The large size seemed good for my bike if the "fabric" had been OK.

Back it goes and I will try an Oxford half cover next.

Which Nelson Riggs cover did you buy. I'm looking at the Defender but your post has made me wonder if that is the right choice.

Edited by luke29ermtb

I ordered and returned the defender half cover. I then ordered an Oxford Umbratex half cover that I liked a lot better.