Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Non-heated Grip reccomendations?

RobR

• Members

What's everyone running for non-heated grips?  The stock one suck, and I'm getting ready to replace the handlebars.  Protaper Pillow Top's are my go-to on my other dual sports but they are about 1 inch shorter than the throttle tube.

I picked up a pair of Progrip 714’s, not yet installed. They seem to be a Poskitt favorite (and cheap), and several of the off-road Forums rate them. I’m doing barkBusters this week, and then same time the grips.

Cheers

• Like 1

Pro Taper Pillow Tops are also a favorite of mine, but these AME MX Round grips were fitted to my T7 when I bought it and I like them just as well. I recently pulled them off, installed Heat Demon heated grip wraps underneath and then refitted them, and no plans to use anything else on this bike. Soft and small diameter like the Pillow Tops.

20211102_155042.thumb.jpg.f1b2b46f9ffd66b2ad7547019ecac28c.jpg

Comparison with a ProGrip 714:

20211102_160552.thumb.jpg.11ed4175e2c13f46eb54fc7910e787dd.jpg

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 1