Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Outback Motortek Rear Rack Combo with OEM pannier rack?

maxbato

Hello there,

I am very interested in the rear rack combo at motortek however would also love this setup along with the OEM factory pannier setup. They list it as not compatible on their website however I am wondering if that is because of that huge cross bar section that goes over the rear fender of the bike. Could I get away with just not installing the center hand hold section and use custom spacers where needed instead?

Yamaha700-RearRack2.jpg

Rear rack and passenger grab handle combo.

Anyone have more insight on the OEM Factory side racks? I am finding it very hard to find any info on them at all other than the CAMEL install video.

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mike

That rear rack is basically 2 bars which are bolted were the spools were.  They do not join each other.  The plate is the joiner as it were and between the 3 pieces it all holds together.  It's a nice rack.  I have not seen the OEM pannier so I don't know why they wouldn't fit with this rear rack.