Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front tire Motoz TL or TT conflicting info?

Truckeemtb

I just ordered Motoz Rallz 150 for rear (after seeing my friends 140 literally fall off twice). I am confused for the front as internet and utube videos have conflicting in regarding Motoz TL or TT. With a 1.85 front that would mean the TT. However some videos say the TT is for smaller lighter singles and should go TL as they last longer and tougher carcass. Of course the TL is wider so that will change the profile. That being said TL tires are for 2.15 to 2.5" wheels. Anyway trying to decide between DV or Rallz up front. Sounds like the Rallz are a bit sketchy on pavement. Any info is appreciated. 

To make a long question shorter, do I go TT or TL up front on stock wheels? 

The Dual Venture looks like a killer tire.  Wear it down part way, then flip it around to counter cupping, get more mileage and more even overall wear.  Really valuable on a higher power bike.  I just grabbed a Adventure front to stud up for the winter, and am kind of pissed I missed the new tire, but whatever.  

I asked Motoz directly on their instagram page, and they told me that you run the TUBELESS tires with tubes on a bike like the Tenere.  

Their website as well specifically says:

NOTE: Tube Tyre Tractionator Adventure are specifically designed for single seat enduro class bikes (typically single cyclinder, single seat bikes), where riders want to cover long distance/adventure (don’t use light weight Tube Type on large multi cylinder adventure class bikes).

That's for the Tractionator Adventure, of course, but they said that applies for all of them.  

Edited by Wintersdark
Misspoke
  • Like 1

Interesting, I would not consider the T7 to be a lightweight single but rather a medium to heavy weight double. Thanks 4 the response. 

4 hours ago, Truckeemtb said:

Interesting, I would not consider the T7 to be a lightweight single but rather a medium to heavy weight double. Thanks 4 the response. 

Whoops, sorry, the TUBELESS tires.  Don't use the tube type tires on larger bikes, and the T7 is a larger bike.  Their Instagram response:

Hi, all of our tubeless tyres are marked with the words ‘on tube type rim fit tube’ so yes they are safe to run with tubes inside them. Thank you

• Moderators

This was posted yesterday and might be of help to others wondering which way to go.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have had a front Rallz TT and TL. Both have worked just fine, TL is a little stiffer than TT. Tire pressure TT 1.8-2.2 bar and TL 1.6-2.0 bar.

Good tire off road and also works well on asphalt.  The grip is like Unicross and durable and handling like Anakee Wild.

I also had a 140 TT in the back. Loud, not good to drive, I do not recommend. The 150 TL works much better with a wide rim, good handling, good grip and quieter than the 140. I like the 150 Rallz, a good tire. Tire pressure 140TT 2.0-2.4 bar, 150TL 1.6-2.0 bar.