Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Auxiliary fuse box

Columbo John

Latest delivery received today for my Tenere. It is an "Eastern Beaver PC-8" 50 amp auxiliary fuse box bought directly from the manufacturers themselves at  https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

The fusebox has 8 outputs, 6 switched via the ignition and 2 permanently live. I've fitted 2 of these to previous bikes and they make wiring up accessories simple enough for someone like me and easy to fault find should you have problems on the road. 

I intend using 6 outputs........

1. Yamaha cigarette lighter socket rewired to be permanently live so I can use it for use with an optimate battery charger.
  2. Yamaha heated grips moved to a switched output (they are wired directly to the battery at the moment).
  3. Garmin satnav - switched
  4. USB socket - switched
  5. Auxiliary lights - switched
  6. Heated clothing lead - switched

Photos and details of the installation to follow.

20211124_193215.jpg

Looking forward to this, I am planning do install this as well!  Seeing your work should boost my confidence...

I tend to prefer solutions like the Fuzeblock FZ1 where you can choose for each accessory whether it is switched or not  by simply placing the fuse for that accessory differently.

Or something like this which is more compact and robust with self-healing fuses. Downside is you're restricted to the available 1A and 5A circuits.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings