Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dinaric Rally 2022 - Technical Regulations

Deano

I'm planning on entering the Dinaric Rally in Aug 2022. The Technical Rules have just been released and at this stage I'm all good with the exception of one regulation.

"The handlebars must be equipped with a protection pad on the cross bar. Handlebars without a cross member must be equipped with a protection pad located in the middle of the handlebars, covering widely the handlebars clamps."

As I'm not planning on changing out my stock handlebars, does anyone have any suggestions for what bar pad would work with my stock handlebars?

Just look for one of those Renthal pads and cut the foam where needed but try to not touch the top.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:24 AM, Samm said:

I replaced my stock bars with Renthal Fatbars with very similar bends. The pad that came with the Fatbars fit over the T7 bar clamps perfectly, no cutting needed. 

What model Fatbar do you have?
My steer is bend and i'm looking for a replacement, either a black OEM or an after market.