Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bolt and Nut size wanted Yamaha Crash Bars

Dibles

Any help would be great.

The bolt and nut which hold the crash bars on, the lower front bolt which fixes to engine cases just above oil filter behind the manifold has come out and lost. I need to get hold of a replacement. The bike has the Yamaha crash bars and was hoping I could get a set of the fitting instructions as it will probably have sizes, torque setting etc. Can’t find the fitting instructions online for the Yamaha crash bar set. Any help would be great

I found this on another thread...

"I also noticed a missing front engine-mount bolt on the clutch side (for the engine huard).  After a bunch of research, I found that the missing bolt is a M12-1.25 x 30mm JIS Flange Bolt...I hope  It's on order".

image.png

Everyone should keep a bunch of metric fasteners on hand. You can buy kits that include many of the bolts we need or go to a fastener place or good hardware store and buy an assortment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JRS700 said:

You can buy kits

Problem with kits is that they contain mostly what you don't need.
Better put your own grab kit together at the local hardware store and when you remove something keep the nuts and bolts just to have something for grabs and go back to the hardware store if you need something specific.
If you do long trips it also cam be usefull to figure out what nuts and bolts are used most on the bike and make a grab kit for the tookit.

I like the kit idea to keep things neat.  You can buy a small assortment to make the repairs convenient.  I also keep every spare nut and bolt I get my hands on as I'm a bit of a pack rat.  A kit allows you to be the hero when you have that metric bolt or nut or screw your friend needs for his/her bike.

Some examples and they're cheap too.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=bolt+assortment+kit&crid=1F8E852O4IJW&sprefix=bolt+assortment%2Caps%2C213&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_15

Edited by Landshark
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JRS700 said:

Everyone should keep a bunch of metric fasteners on hand. You can buy kits that include many of the bolts we need or go to a fastener place or good hardware store and buy an assortment. 

This works fine for the general M5, M6, M8 fasteners found on the bike but as stated above, the fastener required for this issue is a M12 x 1.25 pitch bolt which is metric fine whereas most 'general' kits would contain just coarse bolts.

• Like 1