Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis frame protectors

Columbo John

I have similar frame guards fitted to my CRF250L and they really help prevent your boots rubbing away the paint on your frame. This is less likely to happen on a Tenere to be honest as the footpeg is mounted on a cast bracket as opposed to directly to the frame like many off road bikes but I liked the look of them, they aren't expensive (£30 ish in the UK) and a I'm a sucker for a but of blue 🤣🤣

These are held on with O rings, 2 on the left and 3 on the right. I a couple of the rings are tricky to fit so I pulled them through with a cable tie and even using this technique, still had to remove the left hand side panel to fit the upper ring. 

Total fit time was about 10 minutes, they fit perfectly and you even get a couple of spare O rings on the pack.

20211225_135416.jpg

20211225_135423.jpg

20211225_141028.jpg

20211225_141035.jpg

• Like 2

I like how the foot peg bracket is covered and not so "stand out" shiny.  Do you think this product may fall off at any time? 

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

I like how the foot peg bracket is covered and not so "stand out" shiny.  Do you think this product may fall off at any time? 

Not sure to be honest but they never have on my CRF and they are hold on in the same way 👍

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:54 AM, Landshark said:

I’ve had this set on for awhile now. I don’t think there is any reason to think they would fall off.  Their held on good. 

• Like 1