Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

WA riders chime in!

Redneckj

There is a group of guys I’ve ridden with since 2002.  We are going to do some blast on sections of the WABDR after the melt and do some rides up on the Olympic peninsula as well.  

Edited by Redneckj

Have you guys done any camping in the Olympics?  I am really looking forward to spending time exploring up there when it warms up.

SR1

I live in Enumclaw. I mostly ride dirt bikes but I just got a T7 in the fall.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2022 at 4:48 PM, SeaRun1 said:

Have you guys done any camping in the Olympics?  I am really looking forward to spending time exploring up there when it warms up.

SR1

SeaRun1, I did a 5-day loop around the OP last fall, almost all fire roads, camping all the way.  There are some epic spots.  I highly recommend you check out griptwister.com and purchase their guidebook / gps info. You could probably figure out the tracks, but the real value is the extensive listing of campsites, all rated 1-5 stars, many of which I would never have found on my own.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the black background color on griptwister.com makes it extremely difficult to read the text -- or maybe it's just my old eyes?

• 3 weeks later...

@SeaRun1 I'm looking to do some riding on the OP pretty soon.  Just waiting for my crash bars.  The SE corner (near Snokomish) has a good set of trails.  Let me know if you'd like to go for a day.  You can probably teach me some off-road skills.  And I'm guessing we can discuss fishing as well.

Absolutely let’s do it.  I ride dirt bikes a lot but the Tenere is going to be a whole different experience.  Let me know when you are ready to ride.

SR1

• 1 month later...

I'm in Pend Oreille County.  Armoring up the new T7 (and me!) for rides in NE Washington, NW Idaho.  OM bars and Barkbusters. 

20220424_145936.jpg.94fbaecf5b0663b03a882af89555223c.jpg  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've got this Friday, 05/20/22, off if anyone wants to ride.

Meet in Buckley, WA at Anchor Coffee at 0900. Ride down to the Elbe Hills and then Skate Creek Rd. to Packwood.

Then over White Pass and try to get over Bethel Ridge to I-90. Late lunch in Ellensburg and then blast back over to the west side.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, sethwaterfall said:

I've got this Friday, 05/20/22, off if anyone wants to ride.

Meet in Buckley, WA at Anchor Coffee at 0900. Ride down to the Elbe Hills and then Skate Creek Rd. to Packwood.

Then over White Pass and try to get over Bethel Ridge to I-90. Late lunch in Ellensburg and then blast back over to the west side.

How was your ride? Pics?

I rode Friday too.  Had to go out to a port Angeles for work.  Rode the FJR 👍

2 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

How was your ride? Pics?

I rode Friday too.  Had to go out to a port Angeles for work.  Rode the FJR 👍

I couldn't find anyone to ride with so I ended up riding my dirt bike. It was fun!

IMG_3768.JPG.da1fc6ca8814c22c3b511ea65390977e.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sethwaterfall said:

I couldn't find anyone to ride with so I ended up riding my dirt bike. It was fun!

IMG_3768.JPG.da1fc6ca8814c22c3b511ea65390977e.JPG

I got one of those too 👍👍

04462EC1-5A0C-421E-AF64-1E0246E19270.jpeg

• Like 1

Rode up to Greenwater to check on the snow level on Pyramid Pass and Green Pass. It's about 3.5 miles from the end of the pavement on each. Just below 4000'. It'll be a couple more weeks, minimum, until it melts is my guess.

IMG_3810.jpg.4d744dbe26a0fa49c8abb520d3406b98.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I'm working all weekend but at least the weather is looking good!

Hey all - I'm looking to hit some fire roads on the Olympic Peninsula in July.  Any takers?  Day trips or an overnight.  Weekends are obvious but I could probably sneak away during the week if your schedule permits.

@SeaRun1Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  Life intervened.  Still happy to meet you in the SE corner of the OP any time.  I'm also curious about Tahuya but I don't have the guts to go by myself.....

I'm going to try and ride out of Greenwater on Saturday July 1. I think Pyramid Pass might be a go!

After the 4th holiday I've got a ton of time off so I'd be real interested in heading out to the Olympics.

• Like 1

Hey Zero…

yep still interested.  We did a big loop of the southern part of the Olympics last week.  It was a lot of fun and the Tenere did great.  Let me know what days you are thinking.  Between riding and fishing and family the calendar is filling  up fast.  I am off for the summer so weekdays are available too.

SR1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, Redneckj said:

I got one of those too 👍👍

04462EC1-5A0C-421E-AF64-1E0246E19270.jpeg

Me too but with two less strokes.  It is my favorite bike.  I ride the southern Hood Canal area mostly at SDR if anyone is interested.

D58E0AF3-68E1-445E-82E0-4DD8B2A8FD57.jpeg

Edited by SeaRun1

Hi all - Thinking about getting out this Sunday on the Olympic peninsula. Anyone up for exploring gravel near Hoodsport?

I can’t make it to the Olympics on Sunday but tomorrow (Sat 7/9) I’ll be riding from Enumclaw/Buckley over Pyramid Pass in Greenwater then hopping on the BDR and heading north as far as I can get. Probably take the hwy back or ride dirt if I don’t get that far.

Hi guys.  I'm gonna follow this forum even though I'm from Portland.  Would absolutely love to head out and explore.

David

• Like 1