Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mounting windshield upside down

yaman

Just leaving this here, I'm still figuring out the wind noise on T7 (190cm, noisy helmet Nolan n70-2x). Tried height adjuster, oem spoiler and giant givi screen. Now testing mounting oem / givi screens upside down. Idea here is to travel with givi properly mounted and then, for offroad sections, mount it upside down. It seems that it will double as headlight protector :-D It looks goofy for sure, but if it works ... (I'm still testing). Anybody tried this? Any feedback?

IMG_20211221_145215104.jpg

IMG_20211230_085039685.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

@yaman Interesting concept.   You might list your inseam ( long or short torso) so others might be able to assist you.  At 6'1 & a 36" inseam, ( shorter torso)  I too had too much turbulence with the OEM windscreen.  Frankly, the smoothest airflow I had was with the windscreen removed, but that looked too goofy for me.   My fix was an inexpensive spoiler mounted mainly below the the top lip of the OEM windscreen,  which made it tolerable for long days in the saddle.

Here's a great writeup on wind management that has lots of good ideas, but it's a very subjective issue, what works for one, doesn't for the next. Good luck!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS