Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where to buy the male auxiliary connector to attach to front right or left open white connectors ?

NeilW

The pix below is from someone else's query on the same topic. I see a lot of general info help like search ebay or oops this one didn't work.

I see 3 pin triangle connectors but no square 2 pin. 

Requesting that someone send me the link to the specific part to purchase that they know fits into this connector. Thanks all.

B554F33C-1E7E-4562-B167-E1D3735301C0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Boondocker said:

Search "electrical connectors" for a lot of posts on the subject.

I addressed the subject in this post about installing heated grips.

More discussion about electrical stuff here.

I hate to be a pest but all I see are the 3pin for the left side connection. I am looking for the 2 pin for the right side.  I may just have to switch my thinking to the left side since I can't understand the info people are helping with for the right side 2 pin...

Someone had to have ordered the correct right side 2 pin Female from somewhere... please tell me where. Thanks

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Thus one...

Screenshot_20220114-193516_Chrome.jpg

Perfect - found it on the USA ebay site. You can go ride now, your good deed is done for the day 🙂

• Haha 1

There's a 3 pin on the right side also, folded back and kind've hidden, IGN ON, 2 pos, 1 neg wire that's not CANBUS for sure.  You don't need a plug if you can just find 3 pins to reuse the plugged side.  I have an old Jeep harness that I harvested the pins and the waterproof seals.  That 2 pin is CANBUS low power draw I believe, only good for GPS/USB. 

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Just now, BADDANDY said:

There's a 3 pin on the right side also folded back, IGN ON 2 pos, 1 neg wire that's not CANBUS for sure.  That 2 pin is CANBUS low power draw I believe. 

Just going to use it to trigger a relay for fog lights.

• Moderators

On this note if any Canadians need a 2 pin connector let me know - I have 50! Same goes for the nylon fork guard screws.

no more left currently 😞

Edited by tenerecanada
Ran out
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I bought this version off eBay since I didn’t want to hassle with crimping. It took a little while coming from Poland but wasn’t terrible. Made it easy to power my GPS.

s-l400.jpg

I have for sale Yamaha Tenere 700 T7 ( compatible also with other models - check list ) Auxiliary DC jack outlet plug usb accessory socket. Yamaha MT07 MT09 T7 outlet usb Tenere Tracer accessory socket connector...

• Like 2

@NeilWthis is the end-view of the 2-pin connector you need. However, the 3-pin connector referenced earlier in this thread is switched power and if you use that one to power your lights, a relay is not needed.

09D8107F-D156-4218-B50D-BE53ED2A5F3B.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RideID said:

@NeilWthis is the end-view of the 2-pin connector you need. However, the 3-pin connector referenced earlier in this thread is switched power and if you use that one to power your lights, a relay is not needed.

I still use a relay to power my lights as I always tap the battery for light power.  Harness power to use for the switch as NeilW.

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Kingsize said:

Thank you for this post. I just purchased one as well. 😁👍

I actually got the above but didn’t use it yet. I got the cyclops kit with their plug and play install wiring. Took longer to find the screws I kept dropping than to do the actual install. Works great off the high low switch and no worry about the wrong relay pins and blowing up my ECU. I couldn’t be happier  with their T7 kit. Mine are mounted on a plate inside the fork tubes 

Edited by NeilW
Extra photos by accident
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilW said:

I actually got the above but didn’t use it yet. I got the cyclops kit with their plug and play install wiring. Took longer to find the screws I kept dropping than to do the actual install. Works great off the high low switch and no worry about the wrong relay pins and blowing up my ECU. I couldn’t be happier  with their T7 kit. Mine are mounted on a plate inside the fork tubes 

63247983-85BD-41F9-862B-303DC8733EE0.jpeg

4D0F0AC4-927E-4E4B-B2EB-5900CD0B24B0.jpeg

Nice!!! I was planning on running some Morimoto 4 bangers like I did on my dub. I may have to look into this cyclops kit however. 

20220129_132954.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kingsize said:

Nice!!! I was planning on running some Morimoto 4 bangers like I did on my dub. I may have to look into this cyclops kit however. 

20220129_132954.jpg

When you call cyclops ask for Darryl. The owner. He will talk you through the decision. The ones I have are not the brightest but they look the coolest ! The photo is in DRL mode. The amber disappears on high. Tell him what you are trying to accomplish and he will give you guidance - as an owner and rider. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NeilW said:

When you call cyclops ask for Darryl. The owner. He will talk you through the decision. The ones I have are not the brightest but they look the coolest ! The photo is in DRL mode. The amber disappears on high. Tell him what you are trying to accomplish and he will give you guidance - as an owner and rider. 

Will do! Thanks man. 😁👍

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, tenerecanada said:

On this note if any Canadians need a 2 pin connector let me know - I have 50! Same goes for the nylon fork guard screws.

Hi!  If you still have some of these connectors, I would be happy to buy a few from you.  Im in Canada so you can pop them in the mail and I can send you funds by e transfer! (not in that order).  Please let me know.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Petebcca said:

Hi!  If you still have some of these connectors, I would be happy to buy a few from you.  Im in Canada so you can pop them in the mail and I can send you funds by e transfer! (not in that order).  Please let me know.

Always! Anyone else?

Ran out of connectors

Edited by tenerecanada

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Best place to purchase electrical terminals. To connect into the auxiliary connectors on the T7

Cycle Terminal - We have Your wiring Needs. OEM Style Japanese Motorcycle Wiring Terminals and Connectors for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda Motorcycles, from the 60’s to the 90’s...

On 5/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, tenerecanada said:

Always! Anyone else?

Me please!  Hooking up my zumo XT and would love to have a 2 pin connector as the 3 pin is being used for my grip heaters and the other side 3 pin will be for my Cyclops.  Please let me know how we can go about this.  Would also take you up on a couple of the nylon screws!   

I am leaving on a trip on the 25th for 6 days and would be grateful.  Many thanks!

Edited by roygilbo

2 hours ago, roygilbo said:

Me please!  Hooking up my zumo XT and would love to have a 2 pin connector as the 3 pin is being used for my grip heaters and the other side 3 pin will be for my Cyclops.  Please let me know how we can go about this.  Would also take you up on a couple of the nylon screws!   

I am leaving on a trip on the 25th for 6 days and would be grateful.  Many thanks!

I hooked up my cyclops lights with their wiring kit. Everything else is with the thunderbox. Please read my review. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/02/15/healtech-electronics-thunderbox-review-electron-magic/

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:00 PM, NeilW said:

I hooked up my cyclops lights with their wiring kit. Everything else is with the thunderbox. Please read my review. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/02/15/healtech-electronics-thunderbox-review-electron-magic/

Hi Neil, I just installed my cyclops aurora lighting and took the bike out for a dusk/dark ride to see if cornering would be better.  I have to say that tight corners still leave me blind with the lighting installed.  They do not fill in where the stock headlight cutoff is when turning.  Have you been able to get that to work?  In a straight line, no problem, it illuminates much better, but I was somewhat disappointed in the dark twisties.  Maybe I need more evening and adjustment time to get it right? 

1 minute ago, roygilbo said:

Hi Neil, I just installed my cyclops aurora lighting and took the bike out for a dusk/dark ride to see if cornering would be better.  I have to say that tight corners still leave me blind with the lighting installed.  They do not fill in where the stock headlight cutoff is when turning.  Have you been able to get that to work?  In a straight line, no problem, it illuminates much better, but I was somewhat disappointed in the dark twisties.  Maybe I need more evening and adjustment time to get it right? 

I have mine adjusted slightly to the outside of center. 

52 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I have mine adjusted slightly to the outside of center. 

I was thinking how to accomplish that.  I can adjust up and down, but how did you accomplish the slightly left and right?  (If I am reading you right?)