Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cowl Support Bracket Alternatives

Mark T700

Howdy,

Clearly, we're all aware of the front cowl instrument panel shake condition.  Camel-ADV offers their solution of added pencil braces; AltRider offers their solution with a support bracket/plate.  

Any feel for which one is more effective and more effective with the added weight of a GPS hanging from the GPS crossbar?

Besides these two solutions, who else is offering their own design countermeasure?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Mark T700 said:

Howdy,

Clearly, we're all aware of the front cowl instrument panel shake condition.  Camel-ADV offers their solution of added pencil braces; AltRider offers their solution with a support bracket/plate.  

Any feel for which one is more effective and more effective with the added weight of a GPS hanging from the GPS crossbar?

Besides these two solutions, who else is offering their own design countermeasure?

Thanks!

Check the DonnerTech brackets with GPS mount.

And also the one from RebelX Sports (not yet in their site, but you can see it here: https://youtu.be/eCTipXo7Pmk )

Edited by Quercus Petraea
  • Like 2

I can confirm that the Camel-ADV unit works very well: it stabilizes the Headlight and supports the GPS bar as it promises to do. Easy install and no complications. Nice company to deal with @Camel ADV

No experience with other options, and unlikely to explore - for me, problem solved.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

I can confirm that the Camel-ADV unit works very well: it stabilizes the Headlight and supports the GPS bar as it promises to do. Easy install and no complications. Nice company to deal with @Camel ADV

No experience with other options, and unlikely to explore - for me, problem solved.

+1 for the Camel Anti Bobble Head.  It simply does the job.

Edited by Landshark
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

Another vote Camel. Value of stabilizing the headlight is not to be overlooked. It’s every bit an issue if not more so than the dash shake. One rough road at night & you’ll know why.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thepointchris said:

+1 For the Camel anti-bobblehead. Mine works perfectly 

• Like 2