Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where are you guys getting your tubes

Kyouma

Hey guys, I'm looking for tubes to carry around with me and I'm having issues getting the right size and where to get them they all seem smaller than what I need. Just wondering what sizes you guys are using, sorry, first time with a tube bike. 

Thanks, 
IG

• Like 1

I get mine at the local bike shop.  The tubes that I buy will fit several sizes of tire regardless of what brand I buy.  I don't but the heavy duty tubes as they are not intended for highway use.  You may find it difficult to find tire tubes in this economic stupidity we're experiencing.  Good luck.

• Moderators

I have always used Michelin Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes, but if you are a road warrior as Landshark suggested you may want to be careful. That being said I am on my third  140/80/18 rear tire and have about 15,000 km on my current tubes. While trying to avoid tarmac, I have definitely rode that one on a few thousand kilometers of spirited road riding.

Michelin Offroad Tubes

18" Type E = UHD LARGE - Valve TR4, 140/80-18 (P/N - 89343)

21" Type B = UHD - Valve TR4, 90/90-21, 80/100-21 (P/N - 73810)

(Fortnine.ca has both in stock FYI)

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I would assume you should be fine fitting a 140/80-18 tube into the stock rear setup with a 150/70/18. It may even come with that size, I am not sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

What is the reason the heavy duty tubes are not for road use?
Sadly i have to ride a lot on paved roads. My daily commute is 30km and in the morning i don't have time to take the fun route and even the fun route is just about 30% offroad.
I also do long trips on which the majority is paved but still a lot offroad on my next trip and i don't know what i will come across, also not likely to turn around when it gets a bit more difficult or rough so a HD would be nice.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure it is a heat transfer problem, more rubber to hold more heat longer, helping break the the tubes down faster - may lead to total failure. I have heard of this concern before but have been willing to run this risk with no problems (so far.)

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!