Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Crash guards and pannier rack

Dryrot

I have a T7 ordered, should be here in May, looking for crash guard and pannier rack recommendations. Planning for the IDBDR this summer. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Crash guards: Heed Bunker

Bash Plate: Camel ADV 

Pannier Racks: Rally Raid 

Since you are doing the IDBDR, take a look at the suspension upgrades from Rally Raid. The rider weight adjusted shock spring and open cartridge fork kit really transform what you will feel confident doing on the bike offroad. 

20211029_154606.jpg

• Like 1

Where do you live?
I have this set for sale

motoguard_sturzbuegel_a044976-001.jpg

Valbeugel set met motor crashbar boven en kuip crashbar onder voor optimale bescherming voor rijder en motorfiets in geval van een val Voorkomt of vermindert betrouwbare schade aan de motor en kan dure reparaties voorkomen Bescherming...

The lower was never mounted and never crashed with the upper in the few months i had 'm on.
Nothing wrong with is but i changed it for something completely different, still had to think of it for a few weeks because there was nothing wrong with the Motea.
Shipping between persons instead of a company on the one side may be an advantage but not sure yet (just took 'm off yesterday).

B&B sump guard 

outback motortek crash bar combo and pannier racks. 

All seem decent quality and went on pretty easy. 

4 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Where do you live?
I have this set for sale

motoguard_sturzbuegel_a044976-001.jpg

Valbeugel set met motor crashbar boven en kuip crashbar onder voor optimale bescherming voor rijder en motorfiets in geval van een val Voorkomt of vermindert betrouwbare schade aan de motor en kan dure reparaties voorkomen Bescherming...

The lower was never mounted and never crashed with the upper in the few months i had 'm on.
Nothing wrong with is but i changed it for something completely different, still had to think of it for a few weeks because there was nothing wrong with the Motea.
Shipping between persons instead of a company on the one side may be an advantage but not sure yet (just took 'm off yesterday).

Birmingham……Alabama 

Many thanks to all for the info, the bike doesn’t arrive until May (hopefully), but I want to get all the needed accessories in hand so I can get started as soon as possible.

17 minutes ago, Dryrot said:

Birmingham……Alabama 

To the US it's too costly and everything you can get there is way cheaper.

• Like 1

I have outback mototrek pannier racks and bash plate. No crash protection yet but im looking at the dirt racks bars.

Edited by S.Ga.Rider

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a lot of parts from CamelADV, and highly recommend 'em. I still have a few more things to buy, and I often find new ones that are worth lookin at too. The anti-bobblehead though is a must, for me. Firms up the instrument panel and headlights really well.

• Like 2