Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

IMS Core Rally footpegs

mainjet

Anyone put a set of IMS Rally foot pegs on that can take a picture of the return spring location 

I installed a set tonight and broke the spring when I tested folding them in after installing .

Now I am not sure if I installed correctly or just got a bad spring 

F446B3B8-045C-46AD-BE50-C13FB5BAEE6B.jpeg

They should have used the oem spring??  or did they come with their own springs?

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

Here's a pic of my left footpeg.  I have IMS pegs, but not the Rally ones, but installation is the same and straightforward.   I'm not 100% sure, but I think I used the OEM springs.

Left foot peg.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I have  IMs core think they are the enduro pegs in what I believe are the stock peg brackets. Would that be possible or correct? I would like to keep the pegs they seem really nice. Anyone know of a lowering bracket and maybe back a little that would work with these? I am 6ft 4 in with 36 inch inseam so with my eu rally one piece seat I gain 1/2-2/3 inch and then lower the pegs a bit should be gtg. Thanks

Called IMS they were helpful and answered my question. The pegs they make fir oem and so any lowered mount with oem dimentions should work. Any rec for a good peg lowering bracket? Long legs with 36 inch inseam. Thanks