Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Ténéré 700: Where to smuggle “things” & fixing poorly designed front cockpit rear mounts!

FAR&FURTHER

• Premium Member

In my previous video I talked about what I pack with me for the bike.

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/4570-yamaha-ténéré-700-three-simple-rules-packing-tools-spares-for-a-long-motorcycle-trip/

One question I got was, where and how I put the spare front tube under the side panel? So here it is.

I think you can use this trick to pack there many other items… 🤔

On YouTube quite a few people did express their concern about blocking the air by putting stuff there.

1) I'd like to know community opinion on this as well...

2) When at speed bike runs at same temperature 83 - 89 celsius, when at traffic it turns on the fans but that has been since begging (seems to be running rather hot in general. So I don't really have comparison also I traveled down here to Tunisia during winter so... cold riding.

Second part of the video is about fixing the loose cockpit. I think that the design if the mount for the cockpit onto the frame under the tank is weak. I had problem off-road that whole front is rattling and loose… ZIP ties to rescue!

Question:

Do you guys have same problem with the rear mounts and movement? Am I missing something? The front mounting bracket is tightened well, anybody else with the same issue?

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram