Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

J-Tech Tail Tidy

Lewie

This arrived yesterday so installed today

very compact and fits like most of the others on the market - feels very strong 

it’s supplied with some spacers for the original indicators, a small stick on reflector, cable ties, 4 larger washers and 4 SS nuts and bolts- I think these were to bolt is to the underside of the bike but I used the originals 

easly fitted in under and hour and sub £50

ive ordered an 8x6 ‘show plate’ to complete the look and I’m making a ‘guard to fit underneath to keep the mud out

sourced some thin black plastic

They have a website but also sell via eBay and Amazon 

Unrivalled Quality Tail Tidy to Fit the Yamaha Tenere 700 2019 - 2022 Designed & Engineered by J-TECH Superior Quality & Strength, Powder coated, finished in a Durable & Stylish Matt Black Coating. Comes with - - PLUG &...

61DF315B-DDA5-4354-B08A-74AEBDC28C2C.jpeg

4DD65703-2F79-412D-B944-31DCFC5E876A.jpeg

009A7B9A-27F0-4E7B-94AB-898C114D5582.jpeg

D11545FA-5E06-4023-9234-FD3C173317FB.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1

Well I’ve added this piece- think I’ll pop a nut and bolt or a fir tree plug through where it meets the tail tidy 

A816BAFA-250D-4558-8D9A-3EE9819B0D2D.jpeg

AF61B33D-2E9E-42F4-B3BC-CD5BB16A9238.jpeg

FEDD1C48-8EED-4DD8-8AEB-76BE62655DD9.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 2

did you have to take all the back end to bits  like other tail tidy fitting....i live in hope😉

I did but to be honest very easy and in under an hour with 2 cups of coffee 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No kidding on the oem Yamaha tailpiece(s)....freakin ridiculous amount  of pieces and fasteners and plastic bits....was like a magic trick where Shet just keeps comin outa the hat.... LOL

I used a chinese tail tidy...aliexpress i think.  Worked good and is turdy...a lil too abbreviated IMO...I am going to add a plastic piece under there like you have done to deal with spray....and keep Shet outa the tail section

Good idea🤟

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

• 1 year later...

Hello did you have to cut and carv up the oem numberplate holder to fit it ? Thanks 

I've got a tail tidy for mine a j tech one and I didn't want to cut and carv my oem number plate holder up I'll get a pic of mine and post it on here 

Is this the same or similar tail tidy to the one you fitted to yours 

I think I have some of the plastic I used to make the splash cover under the rear 

yup i got a Jtech TT on my WR and it's brilliant. The only thing i found is that it leaves a gap on each side communicating between the outisde and the inside of the tail, hence i stuffed some bubble wrap inside after soaking the whole rear frame with anti corrosion.