Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

XD-4 Shield Fog-Resist/CLR

ADVUSA

Anyone have any leads (IN THE USA) on  *lower cost*  XD-4 helmet shields, clear no pinlock or vents?

No lead for you, but because your title states "Fog Resist" if you're talking about Arai's own XD4 shield that makes that claim I'd recommend you pass on it.

I was one of Arai's beta testers a few years ago for that shield that had a supposed fog-free coating. While the shield did provide some help with the XD4's fogging problems in cold/wet weather, it scratched by merely looking at it too long (very slight exaggeration). At the end of the two month test period, I threw the shield away due to the scratching issue and from what I've read since the "fog free" shield they actually put up for sale was no better. "Fragile" is the very accurate term used by many buyers/reviewers.

Edited by jdub53

1 hour ago, jdub53 said:

No lead for you, but because your title states "Fog Resist" if you're talking about Arai's own XD4 shield that makes that claim I'd recommend you pass on it.

I was one of Arai's beta testers a few years ago for that shield that had a supposed fog-free coating. While the shield did provide some help with the XD4's fogging problems in cold/wet weather, it scratched by merely looking at it too long (very slight exaggeration). At the end of the two month test period, I threw the shield away due to the scratching issue and from what I've read since the "fog free" shield they actually put up for sale was no better. "Fragile" is the very accurate term used by many buyers/reviewers.

Yeah, I'm looking or the basic clear shield so I can add my own anti-fog setup recommended by someone on Revzilla that had problems w the Arai pinlock setup.

I want to use the WeePro setup. Universal Helmet Shield Anti Fog Film

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1