Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM Crash Bars / Bags

TenereTragic700

I did a search here and could not find anything.

I am looking for crash bar bags that work well with the OEM crash bars.  So if you have OEM bars and bags that work well with them please share.

This post looks good (and cheap) but they measure 6"x8"x3" and while they work well with the bars he has, will not fit the OEM bars well.

Be willing to bet the 6 ltr kriega bags could be fitted, but can only speak from experience with the bags & not the stock bars combo. Those that fit inside the bars look tidy but also might to get pushed into the plastics in a drop?? Mounted externally would sit wider but not threaten the plastics.

• Like 1

Think in possibilities, not impossibilities.
I made my own crashbar bags for the Crosstourer out of 2 Mosko Moto 5L aux pox.

IMG_20200808_194557.thumb.jpg.6dc2afc4d110c21edf01212f903212a2.jpgIMG_20200808_194730.thumb.jpg.8e074f28e562154ed89b4527110cd464.jpg

IMG_20200808_194817.thumb.jpg.f97082b58d212ce2a6f9927a5081b530.jpgIMG_20200808_194848.thumb.jpg.e2096973fec77c735b6148d25ad5eb4e.jpgIMG_20200808_195901.thumb.jpg.a3c8722a46abee09a2f1c3923564ebed.jpg

IMG_20200808_200751.thumb.jpg.c13155e1d42ed396edceadf9a728ea8e.jpg

Has been on the bike for about 40.000km and also catched the bike a few times.

Thanks @Hammerhead and @Ray Ride4life

Will look into both.

Plastics already a bit beat up so thats not an issue.  I am thinking soft stuff in there.  Tubes and maybe my med kit.

Vince

10 minutes ago, TenereTragic700 said:

Thanks @Hammerhead and @Ray Ride4life

Will look into both.

Plastics already a bit beat up so thats not an issue.  I am thinking soft stuff in there.  Tubes and maybe my med kit.

Vince

Don't have CB bags on the T7 but on the CT i have rain gear in the one and a first aid kit, safety vest and some other soft miscellaneous stuff.

• Like 1

I have the Lomo crash bar bags installed. Haven't put a lot of miles on these yet, but my experience with Lomo gear  in the past has been very positive.

Twin-Crash-Bar-Dry-Bags-1.jpg

Our motorcycle crash bar dry bags are made from durable and waterproof PVC tarpaulin. With RF welded seams, these crash bar dry bags are waterproof and when closed correctly (rolled 2/3 times) they can handle heavy rain...

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

1 hour ago, duibhceK said:

I have the Lomo crash bar bags installed. Haven't put a lot of miles on these yet, but my experience with Lomo gear  in the past has been very positive.

Twin-Crash-Bar-Dry-Bags-1.jpg

Our motorcycle crash bar dry bags are made from durable and waterproof PVC tarpaulin. With RF welded seams, these crash bar dry bags are waterproof and when closed correctly (rolled 2/3 times) they can handle heavy rain...

I had them on before my Mosko Moto diy.

The Lomo where destroyed after the first crash on gravel

Thanks to all - I will do some homework.  

I am leaning towards @Peter M DKsuggestion:

1000541.jpg

Water and dirt resistant material - Polyester 600D inner (PUR) rubberized cloth. Water resistant zip fastener. Fastening with Velcro fasteners. Supplied as a pair. Color: black cloth with red seams

I will let you know.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 3/25/2022 at 10:38 AM, TenereTragic700 said:

Thanks to all - I will do some homework.  

I am leaning towards @Peter M DKsuggestion:

1000541.jpg

Water and dirt resistant material - Polyester 600D inner (PUR) rubberized cloth. Water resistant zip fastener. Fastening with Velcro fasteners. Supplied as a pair. Color: black cloth with red seams

I will let you know.

Those look nice, but its hard to tell, with the watermark all over the images.  Annoying.  Are the trying to sell the bag or protect an image?

yes a bit silly for sure.  They are for sale in a few different places with a significant difference in price.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Just found this thread - I had a set of Sedici dry bags (5L) that I got on sale last fall at Cycle Gear.  The attachment is a bit of a pain, as their straps are really long, so I wrap the straps around the bars several times and use zip ties to stop them from sliding.  I keep tubes and spare gloves in the left side, and the right side has a bike cover.

ScreenShot2023-04-11at8_33_09AM.jpg.caf955b35685a8568160547dcfc1fdd3.jpg

sedici_dry_bag_accessory_pack.jpg

The perfect starter set for your stable of luggage, the Sedici Dry Bag Accessory Pack allows you to pick and choose just how much storage you need on …

• Like 1