Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best phone mount I’ve seen

Chousie

Hi All,

Thought I’d share this fantastic phone mount for a 12mm GPS bar I found via a T7 upgrades youtube black hole…

Its from the Czech Republic, and the quality is top notch.  It’s a bear to adjust and install, so make sure you have a 7mm(wtf!) box wrench on hand, ratchet will not fit in some of the necessary areas.  Once you set it, it should be good to go, nyloc nuts on all relevant hardware and very good quality machining.  It’s not the prettiest thing, but its utilitarian appearance suits the T7 I think and more importantly the function appears to be excellent - I will update as necessary as I put miles on with it.

If you’re interested, you can check out www.holder4bikers.eu (totally looks like a scam but it’s legit).  I should mention I have no affiliation except as a customer paying full retail price and shipping, just thought it was worth sharing.  No adapters necessary (just $12 12mm gps bar brackets), and wireless charging capability as an option to keep things waterproof.  Built in vibration damper o rings as well as foam cushions for your phone protect the sensitive electronics inside.  The mount is key-lockable on top of that, to prevent any nosy thieves from walking off with your phone at a pit stop.

Not the cheapest, but I think it’s well worth the asking price.  I am coming from RAM mounts as well as Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze bar mount options with the anti vibration buffer kit, this is way more low profile and looks almost integrated!

D8656E68-A87C-4F24-96BC-C3A4C6BF957A.jpeg

4F587CFF-A6A5-4F41-BB87-4D0D1911671F.jpeg

• Like 1

I put my phone in the left pocket of my riding pants.  I use a Garmin Zumo 396 LMT for my GPS duties.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 11:32 PM, Chousie said:

Hi All,

Thought I’d share this fantastic phone mount for a 12mm GPS bar I found via a T7 upgrades youtube black hole…

Its from the Czech Republic, and the quality is top notch.  It’s a bear to adjust and install, so make sure you have a 7mm(wtf!) box wrench on hand, ratchet will not fit in some of the necessary areas.  Once you set it, it should be good to go, nyloc nuts on all relevant hardware and very good quality machining.  It’s not the prettiest thing, but its utilitarian appearance suits the T7 I think and more importantly the function appears to be excellent - I will update as necessary as I put miles on with it.

If you’re interested, you can check out www.holder4bikers.eu (totally looks like a scam but it’s legit).  I should mention I have no affiliation except as a customer paying full retail price and shipping, just thought it was worth sharing.  No adapters necessary (just $12 12mm gps bar brackets), and wireless charging capability as an option to keep things waterproof.  Built in vibration damper o rings as well as foam cushions for your phone protect the sensitive electronics inside.  The mount is key-lockable on top of that, to prevent any nosy thieves from walking off with your phone at a pit stop.

Not the cheapest, but I think it’s well worth the asking price.  I am coming from RAM mounts as well as Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze bar mount options with the anti vibration buffer kit, this is way more low profile and looks almost integrated!

D8656E68-A87C-4F24-96BC-C3A4C6BF957A.jpeg

4F587CFF-A6A5-4F41-BB87-4D0D1911671F.jpeg

Looks like the phone is really secure with that big lock.

Also looks like you can easily release the phone with a simple allenkey...

1 hour ago, Chris1974 said:

Looks like the phone is really secure with that big lock.

Also looks like you can easily release the phone with a simple allenkey...

For sure it’s more of a deterrent, to be honest I really just use it as a measure against accidental opening, though the mechanism lockup is solid and spring loaded to return closed at any time not intentionally held open.  A few rides in and I’m pretty pleased with it.

Have this with Xcover 4s, 22.000km on/offroad, Still like new. Really the best for hard use.

I have a Zümo XT and for the phone i have the RAM Quick grip because i want to be able to take out the phone for a quick photo when i'm on the road.

That's the only reason i have a phone holder.

Which is the grand of that amazing phone holder? where can I get it? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 11:38 PM, Cruizin said:

My straightest pistols seem to be from the CZ Republic. 

"Pistols," errrrrr! Yours too? I have the CZ 75 SP-01. That is what I carry on duty. Amazing quality and as good as they comes. Except that it sometimes has issues with hollow points. But that is something for an entirely different forums. 

• 9 months later...

I can second this opinion, it's rock steady, well over engineered also it locks, pivots and tilts for standing up, in short I love it. 

IMG_20220830_161028.jpg

Edited by Allin