Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

BEWARE! Chinese Bar risers

Redneckj

We have been told these risers are dangerous.  I saw it first hand today at the Desert 100.   My friend on his DRZ crashed because his risers broke.   No, he didn’t crash to brake the risers.   Ruff area, rocks and whoops.  The risers failed , he held the bars and NO STEERING!

F1AD2DE6-EC69-4F5B-A3B0-73AF60C455AF.jpeg

810AC80B-8A12-42E2-9555-A270E48F3587.jpeg

Edited by Redneckj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Oooooooh yeah.  I read the title and was co fused, thought you were talking about the basic block risers, but these...  yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  That's quite an angle, and of course they'd be made of the worst Chinese chinesium pot metal... 

Good to know, though.  Damn.  Hope he's OK.

• Like 1

Look, I see this all the time, hell just a week ago I plugged a Chinese safety board into the wall and it went "Bang" with a big puff of smoke.  The stuff is total crap compared to American Euro or Japanese product, you take your life in your hands if you install it on your bike, simple as that.  For Twenty Bloody Years idiots on the Web have been telling us China is just like Japan, that soon it will be producing fantastic products.  No, it's never going to transition, the Japanese have honor, the only thing Chinese manufactures honor is their profit.

RULE #1  Don't buy cheap no-name Chinese stuff off Ebay.

Rule #2  Avoid all Chinese product if at all possible, at least on your bike.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, winddown said:

Look, I see this all the time, hell just a week ago I plugged a Chinese safety board into the wall and it went "Bang" with a big puff of smoke.  The stuff is total crap compared to American Euro or Japanese product, you take your life in your hands if you install it on your bike, simple as that.  For Twenty Bloody Years idiots on the Web have been telling us China is just like Japan, that soon it will be producing fantastic products.  No, it's never going to transition, the Japanese have honor, the only thing Chinese manufactures honor is their profit.

RULE #1  Don't buy cheap no-name Chinese stuff off Ebay.

Rule #2  Avoid all Chinese product if at all possible, at least on your bike.

100% agree.

• Like 4

• Redneckj changed the title to BEWARE! Chinese Bar risers
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll just stick to rule #2 but extend it to whatever area of my life it's possible. 

I just tried to figure out the feeling that comes to your mind when you're riding hard an then, all of the sudden, you're lacking connection to your bike 😬 must be really awful. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Quality ALWAYS costs more - no exceptions😉

Disagree.
As an example i take Pazzo levers for about €120 per side. They're quality but you can get the same quality for around halve that price and this is one of many where you pay a whole lot extra for a name.
Just beware when things get suspiciously cheap and see if you can see what things are made of.
Items like these risers need to be billet aluminium or forged but most definitely not cast. 

• 2 weeks later...

The big difference between Chinese and western products is that YOU are the Quality Control department!

• Like 4