Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pannier rack compatibility

palada

What pannier racks are compatible with the SW-Motech topcase rack? Anyone know? Other than a SW Motech rack, obviously.

I'm looking at either Outback Motortek or Hepco Becker racks but I haven't been able to find info about compatibility. TIA.

Edit for update: SW Motech rack does work with Outback Motortek pannier racks. I had to make two adapters on the exhaust side so that it would clear the exhaust. One is to move the front mounting point about 3/4" out and on the rear to add 20mm to connect the rear bar. Not sure if this is necessary with the stock can, but I have a Leo Vince on mine. Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by palada
new info

• 4 months later...

You helped me! I have the SW motech adventure rack up top and I want the outback motortek panniers.  You're saying I don't need to use any spacers on the non exhaust side?  Then is the back on the exhaust side 20mm more than the front at 3/4 of an inch?  Thx

Edited by l3ULLDOZER