Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SW-Motech crashbars review

NeilW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello T7 Riders.  I'm looking for some crash bars that will fit with my Leo Vince headers.  I purchased SW-Motech bars that look really nice but they use a cross bar that passes behind the stock headers.  The Leo headers are tighter to the motor...just a little.  So the cross bar won't go in.  😞

Any advice appreciated and I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread.

19 minutes ago, Dave G said:

Hello T7 Riders.  I'm looking for some crash bars that will fit with my Leo Vince headers.  I purchased SW-Motech bars that look really nice but they use a cross bar that passes behind the stock headers.  The Leo headers are tighter to the motor...just a little.  So the cross bar won't go in.  😞

Any advice appreciated and I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread.

Good luck with this issue. I have nothing to help but I am just curious why you changed out the headers. 

I did a performance upgrade when I first got the bike. Headers, cat eliminator extension, silencer and ecu flash. Huge improvement.  Plus I like the look better than oem. 

On 4/16/2022 at 6:14 AM, Dave G said:

So the cross bar won't go in.  😞

I had the same problem when I tried to fit SW bars on my 2022 model, the cross bar just wouldn't fit.  I got my money back and went instead with the OEM Yamaha bars that bolt up to the redundant shock mount on the rear engine case as well as the upper front engine to frame bolt.  I was very happy with the product, went on easily and no fitment issues.  Just check with your local Yamaha dealer first so you have comeback if for some reason they don't fit but I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't.  There are some misleading posts cursing the OEM bars, basically some fools fitted them without the supplied spacer to go between the rear lugs and broke a lug.

Here they are fitted to mine.  As you can see, tons of clearance.

OEM-1.jpg.73e61ff392f51966a2a262f20f8d2ddb.jpg

OEM-2.jpg.a319b591fb3a69758bfef48424a244b7.jpg

OEM-4.jpg.3a217e9807aa198d3b69988754541908.jpg

OEM-5.jpg.4eb5409114e1f4d00f732783040dfb6a.jpg

Edited by winddown
  • Like 1