Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Latest Accessory

Hibobb

I mounted @Camel ADV Tail Tidy today. Cleaned things up nicely. I have grown fond of the Pumpkin Directions and with the sturdiness of mount I would guess the flopping/flexing in the wind/bumps to be greatly diminished.

Note to Cory:

Heavy duty, 304 Stainless, powder coated, nice welds.... awesome job!!

Also, a test for anyone under 60 years old (The old gentlemen should know this for sure).

Name the significance of the decal on the left pannier.

(Hint: It is the reason a lot of us got into motorcycling)

No googling the image on your dopy smartphones or scrolling down this post for the answer....

IMG_0938.JPG

• Like 4

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 4/8/2022 at 10:37 AM, Hibobb said:

I mounted @Camel ADV Tail Tidy today. Cleaned things up nicely. I have grown fond of the Pumpkin Directions and with the sturdiness of mount I would guess the flopping/flexing in the wind/bumps to be greatly diminished.

Now that you've got some miles on this install, how are the OEM T/S holding up?  I too prefer the Halloween motif, but want to do something to clean up the rear end.   Any underside pics of how the wiring is routed would be appreciated.  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@AZJW No problem, give me couple of hours and I will send them.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

2 hours ago, AZJW said:

Now that you've got some miles on this install, how are the OEM T/S holding up?  I too prefer the Halloween motif, but want to do something to clean up the rear end.   Any underside pics of how the wiring is routed would be appreciated.

Cory's Tail Tidy is super, just as you would expect. The stock pumpkin directionals do not bounce near as much as they did before.

I haven't had them pop out of their mounts since I went to the Tail Tidy, that said, off road they still might. I have had no issues in 12,000 mile as I don't ride this fat pig hard.... 

The amount of crap you take off the bike for the install is incredible. It would be tougher than a Rubik's cube if you ever wanted to go back to stock.

Sorry about the bike being filthy... I live on a gravel road, punctuated by cow manure....

image.png.4f87ca70766fc19de0af624689664ace.png

image.png.bc9b7f419a51bea80718a7a21f2c4000.png

image.png.ac3d7cbb29a4cd8db0c313a71bfba8e7.png

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Moderators

@Hibobb Thanks much for this. I trust no "racing stripe" up your back from the higher plate mount? Now I need to determine if the oem T/S on the Camel Tail tidy play well with the Camel Rally pipe. 

BTW, is that Polled Hereford recycled hay in that underside shot? 😉 That looks the same as my 1972 XL250 did when I was raising cattle and making my twice a day feed runs on it. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

No stripes that I have noticed.

Holsteins, of Dutch descent.

image.png.c11b4b16eb3137f3bb61e7571dbd7820.png

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~