Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Jeans

S.Ga.Rider

Anyone using jeans with knee pads? I was considering a pair for daily street riding. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Anyone using jeans with knee pads? I was considering a pair for daily street riding. 

It's not just kneepads you need. The seems have to be reinforced and the fabric anti abrasive plus best when they also have the inserts against slide burns.
I have a pair like that for when i go somewhere and i need/want to be casual but mostly i just wear my normal gear, that looks not as bad when dirty form mud or dust.

35 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

It's not just kneepads you need. The seems have to be reinforced and the fabric anti abrasive plus best when they also have the inserts against slide burns.
I have a pair like that for when i go somewhere and i need/want to be casual but mostly i just wear my normal gear, that looks not as bad when dirty form mud or dust.

Yeah, most I've looked at have some kevlar in the impact areas. 

Oxford AAA. Look like normal jeans. Protection like the best fabric bike kit. And some leathers. 

• Like 1

If I wear jeans for street riding, it is with Kevlar long underwear and forcefield CE level 2 knee pads.  I just couldn't convince myself that jeans would keep protection in the right place.

Look at the slide research on how quickly different materials will leave you with a new skin tone. I was surprised at how quickly even heavy duty work pants burn out. 

If you're riding frequently, just get some Kevlar lined jeans. I've been rocking some Scott ones for ages and they're comfortable enough to wear around the house, providing they're not muddy hehe. 

• Like 1

Yes, i have 2. One for my scrambler and one for long travelling. They have extra kevlar around, butt, hips and legs and removebel kneeprotectors. They are really comfortable, specially on hot days or if you want/have to walk a bit. For long travelling i combine with walking boots. If i want a new jeans , i want to look for single layer jeans, inforced with dynema.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of Hood jeans. Specifically the SK11. Para-Aramid lining and D3O ghost armour. They feel substantial enough to inspire confidence but are well cut and not bulky. AAA rated and reasonably priced. Love 'em...

I have a pair of RST Tech Pro's.
Superb kit. Great fit and comfy and very well engineered.
Most comfortable motorcycle trousers I've ever owned.

22218.Jpg

RST X Kevlar® Tech Pro CE Jean 2002 (Dark Wash Blue), Free Delivery UK & Ire, Worldwide Delivery, 60 Day Returns, AAA CE rated,heavy weight X Kevlar® Denim, reinforced with T400 Nylon for enhanced abrasion resistance and...

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/ie/RST-X-Kevlar-Tech-Pro-CE-Jean-2002-Dark-Wash-Blue/m-22218.aspx?PartnerID=16&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shoppingIreland&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV0v9clgHrT81n5Lzy7ApsxCRsjma5LsR23IC3a5AUZVarRGz3ewWQEaAqKrEALw_wcB

Edited by Toppie

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

3 pairs of revit jeans. All with additional hip protection. A lowsider still seems the most probable way to go down by myself. If a car crashes into you, scrapes are the least of your worries.

I only use them in town, so at a max speed of 65 kph or so (45 mph). Anything faster and I'll switch to leathers or similar dedicated pants. 

If I'd buy something new, I'd go for AAA rated ones. 

• Like 1

I picked up a pair of cortech primary jeans. They have them on closeout for $89 and got a deal on a pair of Joe Rocket accelerator jeans on ebay.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

PMJ and Oxford have some good riding jeans that are perfect for the summers because of the weave materials they use.

But my personal favorite is Resurgence Gear! Pekev lined all the way, all around to a little below the knees. They are heavy and can get hot because of the liner, but would save your bacon from road rash!!

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

Another vote for Hood jeans, UK manufactured, heavily lined and D30 armour…knees and hips, £150 to £190…I wear them all year round and are good in sub zero temps with some thermal long johns….I have two pairs, for several years service now….and a good few of their t shirts too which have also been long lasting….comfortable but feel protective though have never put them to the test…. May be a little too bulky in a warmer summer than we have in the UK

Edited by wardylondon