Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Which Tail Tidy for HPCorse Exhaust?

mesto102

Hi guys,

I am wondering which Tail Tidy you paired with your HP Corse Exhaust high mount system?

I am trying to figure out if there is one that can be ordered that will work (and not melt the turn signals) without modification.

Thank you!!

Picture of SILENCER SP-1 SHORT TITANIUM YAMAHA TENERE' 700 EURO 4/5

Picture of SILENCER SP-1 SHORT TITANIUM YAMAHA TENERE' 700 EURO 4/5

Edited by mesto102

It appears that the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit might work. I found this picture of someone who combined it with a Huzar high mount exhaust.... but I'm not sure.

Yoshimura tail tidy - Yamaha Tenere 700 General Discussion - Yamaha Tenere  700 Forum

I think you’d need slim indicators 

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BikeBrother said:

Off-the-road.de offers a tailtidy that fits, according to them. I shortend the oem licenceplateholder myself.

HUK-OTR-T700-Heckumbaukit-verstellbar-Ya

Heckumbaukit mit variabel verstellbarem Kennzeichenhalter für die Yamaha Tenere 700. Der verstellbare Neigungswinkel...

It does fit, I use it with slim LED indicators (as @Lewie pointed out). Bike is currently at the dealer's for 1000 km inspection, will take photos once I've got her back.

Great to know that @BikeBrother  found a solution to modify the OEM holder!

Edit: This is a photo from their website (they sell the HP corse as well): HPC-T700-SP1TH-HP-Corse-Schalldaempfer-S

You can see it would be a tight fit with OEM indicators. Probably not a good idea. My indicators are slightly bigger than those in the picture, it's OK and until now there are no traces of melting plastics.

Edited by Tenerider

It seems to the off-the-road picture tailtidy, that you can afjust the plate and indicator height.

This is how mine oem trimmed indicatorholder looks. Indicator is 1 cm from exhaust outlet, but that is not getting very hot.

IMG_20211123_103303622.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BikeBrother said:

It seems to the off-the-road picture tailtidy, that you can afjust the plate and indicator height.

This is how mine oem trimmed indicatorholder looks. Indicator is 1 cm from exhaust outlet, but that is not getting very hot.

The one in the pic above ‘seems to sit higher than yours does

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BikeBrother said:

Actually, I think your solution looks even better, since the indicators sit above the exhaust.

• 1 year later...

Second this. Tusk tail tidy with Camel ADV signals. Drilled new holes about 3/4” higher than the original signal holes on the Tusk kit. Right signal clears the exhaust now. 

131E8D0D-D1B8-4330-BEB6-26D3604EEF90.jpeg

FBC05697-BF09-4BC3-8810-5ED85408A86F.jpeg

54A51D30-F851-417C-A192-AF127C4B6590.jpeg