Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

GoPro remote?

roygilbo

Hi all,

Received a GoPro8Black and used it over the weekend.  Mounted on top of the helmet (quickest and easiest) but toggling off and on is simply by feel once your helmet is on, or if you have a buddy checking to see if the light is on.  Neither optimal.  Remotes do seem to be a better way to handle this.  

Question is, do you recommend a particular remote if you have purchased one?  The "Official Accessory" GoPro Remote is pricey and from some of the reviews I have read, there are lesser priced remotes that do just as well.  

Thanks

I used my phone app to turn my go pro on and off, but it eats battery like mad!  Phone was on low battery in 1/2 hr.  Not the answer you wanted, but just a little info to save someone a surprise if they go down this route.

Move cam to chin, problem solved. And, better pov perspective. I tried on top n perspective all wrong.

I have the official Gopro remote. Has the advantage that you can see the battery status, mode etc. No need to check in the mirror wether it's on or not. Especially useful when mounting it on the bike like rear rack or the protection. I use a strong magnet to mount the remote on a sw-Motech tank bag (with a security cord). It works well. The battery of the remote usually lasts till 1500hrs when I start riding around 930, but I now top it up during lunch break so it lasts till dinner time.  

Downside is the proprietary charging cable. 

Here also the original remote, strapped it to the brake fluid reservoir.