Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AX41 review

Mike99

I fitted a set of AX41's a couple of months ago for an off road trip, the oem rear pirelli was a pig to get off, I used heavy duty tubes, on the initial run on the road they felt a bit skittish with the front dropping into turns much quicker than the pirellis but once they scrubbed in a bit and I got used to them they felt good and I was confident enough to push hardish on the road, they felt a bit 'blocky' on the road just like every knobbly tyre I've ever driven on not any louder than the pirellis, overall on road performance was good, off road on gravel they were excellent, plenty of grip and feel in the mud they were OK not the grip of a full on enduro tyre but enough to keep you going. The main criticism is on road under hard braking the stopping distance seems to have increased buy about 20% enough to nearly send me into the back of a hatchback at a roundabout and after about 2000kms they look to be wearing significantly. These type of tyres are always a compromise so all in all I'm happy with them, would likely buy again 

20220218_145231.jpg

20220325_122541.jpg

20220325_112908.jpg

20220325_125201.jpg

• Like 3