Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Oxford heated grips - glue/ position

Lewie

13 hours ago, Sweden said:

I think the cable outlet was really bulky on the oxford grips. Had to double check on the clutch side, so the lever movement wouldn’t get affected.

FB8358EA-48B0-4C5A-B556-C51FBF2B9FBA.jpeg

91092479-5F74-49FF-89AA-89BC86815C0A.jpeg

CD25AB9D-EEBC-4CFC-BD23-707954C369BA.jpeg

This Exactly!!

On 5/6/2022 at 11:30 PM, Rider 101 said:

I'm considering these for the short Australian winter instead of fitting heated grips.

https://www.zarkie.com.au/product/alt-battery-heated-gloves/?v=3a1ed7090bfa

Check the battery life. My Klim Battery gloves will go 6 hours on low, 3 hours on medium and 1 hour on high ( roughly). You can carry extra batteries but why not get wired heated gloves- they never run out of juice. I went with heated "wraps". They velcro wrap to the outside of the grips and come off when the weather is warm. I couldn't run them on "HIGH" even at -2C because it was just too hot. 

• 2 months later...

I used Motion pro Grip Glue on my OEM Heated grips and failed HARD. Its like there is no glue at all.

15 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

I used Motion pro Grip Glue on my OEM Heated grips and failed HARD. Its like there is no glue at all.

If there was a void it probably didn’t fill it

What i used in past was gorilla glue, however need make sure surface is nice and rough. One time i had gorilla glue the heated broke the bond as I left the inside of the grip smooth so there was no mechanical bond.

this time i didnt use any glue,

installed grips, wired them up, then took them off and wrapped the clutch bar in a Strong flexible Gorilla tape (2" wide so get goo single layer wrap) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B1N94H4L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Then as grips heated up i slid them on gentley twinting 1/2" left and right to avoid ligting the tape

they are solid as a rock now and can be taken off in future if needs bit with some twisting and pulling

the Koso throttle grip was already a tight fit on the throttle tube and has not moved

Edited by john_aero

8 hours ago, Oxxa said:

I went with removable heated wraps. $30, quick install and Removal, they work great. 

2 hours ago, Oxxa said:

At that point i will just throw on my Barkbuster BBZ

https://barkbusters.net/products/bbz/

I have the ODB brand-  they are great down to 38 degrees but when I rode in 28 degrees ( -2C) I needed heated grips too.

mits.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilW said:

I have the ODB brand-  they are great down to 38 degrees but when I rode in 28 degrees ( -2C) I needed heated grips too.

mits.jpg

Good to know, thanks!