Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Riding flip flops / sandals

Splix

With summertime fast approaching, it's time to consider picking up a new set of riding flip flops! No more over-heating your feet with pesky safety compliant gear, experience the true freedom of riding sandals!! In the US, some folks also call these flip flops "thongs", which makes a joke about a riding thong possible...

I took this pic myself in slow stop and go traffic commuting home a few years ago. I wonder how many toes this guy still has?

Screenshot from 2022-05-06 08-52-40.png

Edited by Splix
punctuation fix
  • Haha 3

Helmet... CHECK
Flimsy T-Shirt... CHECK

Shorts... CHECK

Riding Thongs... CHECK!!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Splix said:

Helmet... CHECK
Flimsy T-Shirt... CHECK

Shorts... CHECK

Riding Thongs... CHECK!!!!

Unprotected hands... CHECK

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once you hit the pavement you won't dress like that again. I learned the hard way at 18yrs old I hit the pavement in t-shirt and jeans, street shoes  I had a helmet though. None of it held up, melted shoes laces torn shirt and jeans, pavement is  not very forgiving. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

A friend of mine was drunk while camping a few years back and wrecked his dirtbike while wearing shorts, tank top and sandals on gravel. The skin on his legs were scraped up pretty bad but the worst part was it ripped the toenail right out of his big toe and man is was in pain for weeks. He took a week off in a chair and he said just the feeling of air blowing on his toe hurt like hell. My worst wrecks all happen on dirt bikes, but I always wear good gear. 

• Like 2

If truth be told, I am sure most all of us have ventured out for a short ride dressed like that a time or two. Ya, it is wrong, but I am not always right.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

A friend of mine was drunk while camping a few years back and wrecked his dirtbike while wearing shorts, tank top and sandals on gravel. The skin on his legs were scraped up pretty bad but the worst part was it ripped the toenail right out of his big toe and man is was in pain for weeks. He took a week off in a chair and he said just the feeling of air blowing on his toe hurt like hell. My worst wrecks all happen on dirt bikes, but I always wear good gear. 

Hopefully nobody saw him. In a tank top. 🙈😂🍺

• Haha 1

Think I might swap the arai for a Panama. And a safari suit. All those pockets must’ve been designed for adventure bikes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Background story.
Bata is a Dutch work shoe manufacturer with some other brands for other kinds of shoes.
They did this just to make fun of stupid people who do ride motorcycles with sandals or flip-flops.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In Australia they are called thongs 🤣

Women have really flashy thongs. Make sure you click on the link to get the best looking thongs.

Men have thongs for the beach as well 

Shop Billabong Men's All Day Impact Thongs at City Beach Australia - Buy now, pay later options available!

Edited by Rider 101
  • Haha 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Are you damn ATGATT nazis telling me I can't wear my sandals !!

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo8Cpr4jLGo9pXt9A-OWaqeQUUovoLsiP8aSoHfk2j82jlv_if01xJwTFqsW21O9aA2_xJOJNlwdP7LXfheR2Eolj4UXZC_DHUUZNCYXp8z-ABq2vSrbnu&usqp=CAE

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Back in my day we didn't have so many stink'n rules....

Fitheach: "Ann-Margret has also been a life-long "biker chic…" - Mastodon

We like the feeling of the wind in our hair!!

Ann Margret: Actress & Motorcyclist – Moto Lady

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 2

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

3 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Back in my day we didn't have so many stink'n rules....

Fitheach: "Ann-Margret has also been a life-long "biker chic…" - Mastodon

We like the feeling of the wind in our hair!!

Ann Margret: Actress & Motorcyclist – Moto Lady

We didn't need so many rules because we had common sense.
Wind in the hair down there will end up in a blatter infection due to lack of hair these days.... but that is something i don't miss from the old days 😇

• Haha 1