Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Rider, Turtle2, Slower Reflex

Tundratom

Pic is yours’ truly on first ride with Turtle 2.  Here to comment on sizing as from other comments and indications from RVZ customer service  the sizing chart has been problematic. I am 6’ at 247lbs, 32” in-seam, 38 waist and 44 chest.  I originally ordered the XL-L.  It’s huge!  I called to sort it out with RVZ and despite my reservation, but at the recommendation of the Rep, I dropped down two sizes (XL-L , Reg XL) to a  an LG.  Then they sent a LG-L, but the extra length is no problemo. The vest fits perfect!  Room to grow or adjustment if I shrink. I highly recommend that you discuss sizing before you buy.  Revzilla has been great!C90ED661-A30F-4B94-BC8C-D68A5B0E5ACE.png.814868e7d842db3f70e9e1fd669abc85.pngI decided I wanted this vest to give me a fighting chance from a lower speed pick off around town or someone pulling out from a blind driveway.  My reflexes are still good, but I need every advantage I can get. You can get it in black if Hi Viz doesn’t do it for you, but I look at it as another advantage. In fact, if I had to do it over, my helmet would be hi viz instead of white.  I will do a follow up review should I actually ever “use” the vest. Hopefully that day never comes.  Have fun out there. 

• Like 2

I already knew it but coincidentally this video came up in my subscription list.

When i changed to a high vis jacket i noticed no difference and as a traffic controller at events i ride in a very high vis jacket (see below) and even then sometimes they don't see me.
The Fortnine video explains why that is and it has nothing to do with what you wearing.
This is the European traffic controller outfit (but never saw them outside the Netherlands).
DSC_0484.thumb.JPG.ab5df31d2eafc5bb62c2f234ad215390.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tundratom said:

Pic is yours’ truly on first ride with Turtle 2.  Here to comment on sizing as from other comments and indications from RVZ customer service  the sizing chart has been problematic. I am 6’ at 247lbs, 32” in-seam, 38 waist and 44 chest.  I originally ordered the XL-L.  It’s huge!  I called to sort it out with RVZ and despite my reservation, but at the recommendation of the Rep, I dropped down two sizes (XL-L , Reg XL) to a  an LG.  Then they sent a LG-L, but the extra length is no problemo. The vest fits perfect!  Room to grow or adjustment if I shrink. I highly recommend that you discuss sizing before you buy.  Revzilla has been great!C90ED661-A30F-4B94-BC8C-D68A5B0E5ACE.png.814868e7d842db3f70e9e1fd669abc85.pngI decided I wanted this vest to give me a fighting chance from a lower speed pick off around town or someone pulling out from a blind driveway.  My reflexes are still good, but I need every advantage I can get. You can get it in black if Hi Viz doesn’t do it for you, but I look at it as another advantage. In fact, if I had to do it over, my helmet would be hi viz instead of white.  I will do a follow up review should I actually ever “use” the vest. Hopefully that day never comes.  Have fun out there. 

I am thinking about a Helite Turtle 2 jacket, so would be interested in your follow up review

How is the Turtle for comfort?  I wear a heavy jacket so it seems it may be bulky and hinder my ride comfort.  I like clothing that keeps you safe or safer but it must be comfortable.  

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

How is the Turtle for comfort?  I wear a heavy jacket so it seems it may be bulky and hinder my ride comfort.  I like clothing that keeps you safe or safer but it must be comfortable.  

Good morning.  It is a substantial garment, no question.  Yesterday’s ride was a first impression only, so I can only comment at this time that it seemed very comfortable over my current “uniform” of several thin layers topped by a lined nylon shell.  Even with its substantial weight, after a few minutes I rode essentially unaware of its presence.  I attribute that to good engineering and a fit that was finally dialed in. In my opinion, I think a well fit vest will make all of the difference in long term use and comfort much like we approach the purchase of a helmet. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick review of the turtle

as for high Viz helmet, white actually most noticeable color for helmets...can't remember the study from few years back regarding to that.

Hi TimmyTheHog 

I think your right, well I finally erred to the correct side! 🙂

• Like 1