Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pivotpegz

electric_monk

Does anyone have any experience of fitting Pivotpegz to their T7 that they would like to share.? Good and bad

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

I did have pivot pegs on my WRR and I think they are somewhat a gimmick. 

I’ve been on Pegz now for about6mts, very happy with them. I was always planning to upgrade, and just needed the time to filter through the options.

1) A friend on an AT uses them, and endorsed them

2) They are serviceable, with a service kit sent out on purchase

3) They are adjustable, and I was looking to get a little lower in the pegs, and a little higher in the bars (10mm) - I just did the lowering adjustment

4) They look solid and quality

5) I got 10% off

Let me know any questions 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with what Chris posted above - I also got mine on sale. I went with them b/c they were much larger, and could be adjusted down. The pivoting aspect, I can't say I have noticed it really, so I guess that either means it really works or doesn't matter. I choose to imagine it really works 🙂

They are about in the same price range as any aftermarket pegs but on sale they were a good deal .I like them and I would probably buy them again. 

Mike

I've had them on the bike since 2020, close to 2 years now. I have the MK3, I think now they are on MK4. 

I do like the flexibility and slight pivot, they are built very, very well. I have low sided and crashed with them, just a few scuffs and not even a kink in either one. I just rebuilt one of them with the service kit they give, and it's like new again. They give the o-rings, springs, locking pins etc... very straight forward. 

For touring and on road, alongside the extra 10mm drop, I love them. Can stretch, and easily shift with big boots. However for off road, I find they make the bike feel like its not planted and when my feet keep pivoting, I tense up and think the bike is dipping down so try to over correct in throttle/brakes, then I see/saw back and think I'm flying off. I'm not that confident with the bike off road, and I think it maybe the pegs tbh. I have to try some stationary ones again to see. Though for commuting and on-road, I'm spoiled by them. 

• 2 months later...

I've been using them for a couple of years. Really improve control off-road, especially for gear change while standing.

Wouldn't use anything else now. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 4:08 PM, NeverMetThePope said:

I've been using them for a couple of years. Really improve control off-road, especially for gear change while standing.

Wouldn't use anything else now. 

Did you lower them? I'm sure I'll have to to get my foot under the gear shifter easily.  That's as it looks on the center stand anyway, I haven't had a chance to test them on the road yet.

I literally just fitted them and rode it. Haven't done anything to them since. 

Maybe I've just got teeny tiny feet?

I have been using PivotPegz for years.

I think I am on my 6th bike with them.

'nuff said

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Recently rode them on TET NL (onroad only before). Shifting weight works great, lots of traction, lots of shifting and braking comfort both seated and standing. I especially liked them over bumpy terrain, my feet felt always planted on the pegs.

I won't look any further.

• Like 1

P.S.: I've had some knee problems before when riding longer than 1 hr. These are gone by now. The lowered Pivot Pegz sit maybe 8mm lower than OEM pegs, which is not much. I guess it's more due to the pivoting action that I'm experiencing less knee fatigue now. I could do with even lower pegs like Bosley, but I'll stick with the PPs. Their size (Mk 4) is just big enough, shouldn't be smaller.