Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Accessories from www.Off-The-Road.de

Zero600

Has anyone done business with this company?

They seem to be the only place in the whole world to offer a set of engine case covers from Acerbis.  They look great to me, but I'm curious as to why they don't show up elsewhere.

MSD-AC-T700-Acerbis-X-Power-Motor-Deckel

Acerbis X-Power Engine Protection Cover made from plastic for the Yamaha Tenere 700   The new X-Power protection for engine covers. Optimal…

Also curious about these mirrors - anyone tried them?

SPI-KL-YAM-Klappspiegel-Kunststoff-schwa

Nice and stylish budget folding mirror with fitting left hand threat for Yamaha mirror mounts. Mirror dimensions approx. 90x160mm. TUV approved…

Shipping to the USA is quite expensive, so any supporting information would be much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Zero600 said:

They seem to be the only place in the whole world to offer a set of engine case covers from Acerbis.  They look great to me, but I'm curious as to why they don't show up elsewhere.

Acerbis X-Power Engine Protection Cover made from plastic for the Yamaha Tenere 700   The new X-Power protection for engine covers. Optimal…

Nice and stylish budget folding mirror with fitting left hand threat for Yamaha mirror mounts. Mirror dimensions approx. 90x160mm. TUV approved…

Shipping to the USA is quite expensive, so any supporting information would be much appreciated.

Hey, Zero. 

I will contact Kedo Germany tonight to see if this is something I can offer. It might take up to two weeks for me to get them in stock in the States, but let me see what I can do. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zero600 said:

Bought loads of stuff from OTR, always been really happy with their service 🙂

• Like 3

There's been a similar post about OTR here recently.

Very positive reactions.

Those engine covers look great, guess they have just been released.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

There's been a similar post about OTR here recently.

Very positive reactions.

Those engine covers look great, guess they have just been released.

Yes, they may be brand new.  They do not even show up on the Acerbis website.

• Like 2

Yeah, because the Acerbis site is total crap...

A lot of stuff they sell isn't listed or end on a deadlink

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

How much protection do these plastic covers really provide?

My bike dropped onto its Acerbis X-Factor handguard. It took the impact without any marks except tiny scratched.

At least, the plastics will distribute punctual impacts to a larger area, hopefully preventing cracks.

Plus, since they are softer than metal, they will deflect easier and absorb energy.

This principle should work on these engine covers as well.

Edited by Tenerider

Ordered Sunday evening a few parts from OTR. 

Came today, everything completey ok.

Even got a package of gummybears 😉

• Like 2

Thank you all for the feedback. I just ordered the Acerbis guards.  Looking forward to offering a report on them.

For anyone in North America who might be interested in the mirrors I asked about, I think I have found the same product on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Excellent-Quality-Supermoto-Motorcycle-Motorbike/dp/B00LR00V2O/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=sPRu3&pf_rd_p=bbb6bbd8-d236-47cb-b42f-734cb0cacc1f&pf_rd_r=1SPP97GR8P7FFFQ48ZSJ&pd_rd_r=592ef05a-72c8-44c3-b9c7-cf2502226ce8&pd_rd_wg=plcyJ&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi

I like supporting the small shops, but the shipping from Germany is as much as the mirrors themselves.  (Not their fault, it just is.)

• Like 1

The sweets included in the package is something they copied from Kedo Germany. They did that first.

I remember two phone conversations I had with the manager at OTR, one in winter when he was really friendly, took the time to explain anything I would ask and even offered a discount more or less without being precisely asked. Then another one in spring/summer where it seemed that he didn't care and made a rather upset comment when I asked if a discount was still possible... maybe he had a bad day, but I then decided to give them a break and order elsewhere in the near future.

With my first order, one item was missing, but it's impossible to say who's at fault, as the parcel was cracked open a little bit which I didn't notice when accepting it.

OTR does have lots of bits & pieces for our bikes at good prices though. 

• Like 1

Adding sweets to orders (usually Haribo gummybears) is quite common over here. So, I guess you couldn't say that OTR copied Kedo on that.

• Like 1

What I still don't understand is: why not beer ? 🤔

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, qInvention said:

What I still don't understand is: why not beer ? 🤔

Now we're talking! 😃🍻

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 7:35 AM, qInvention said:

The sweets included in the package is something they copied from Kedo Germany. They did that first.

I remember two phone conversations I had with the manager at OTR, one in winter when he was really friendly, took the time to explain anything I would ask and even offered a discount more or less without being precisely asked. Then another one in spring/summer where it seemed that he didn't care and made a rather upset comment when I asked if a discount was still possible... maybe he had a bad day, but I then decided to give them a break and order elsewhere in the near future.

With my first order, one item was missing, but it's impossible to say who's at fault, as the parcel was cracked open a little bit which I didn't notice when accepting it.

OTR does have lots of bits & pieces for our bikes at good prices though. 

I ordered 3 times from them, first time was 2018 then last year October was the second time on both occasions no issues whatsoever. Then the third time beginning December last year, this time customs in Namibia had an issue with the invoice being in German, don't know why as it wasn't an issue the previous 2 times. I sent them an email to ask if they can send an invoice in English or a bilingual perhaps. They ignored it, I sent 2 more and only got a response from them after I cced DHL into the email. They sent an invoice in German, I asked them if they could send one in English or a bilingual one. After a number of emails, Thorsten said as they are a German company they are required by law to use German on their invoices, wich makes sense, but then he said that we, Namibians, wouldn't issue a German invoice to someone if we were to send something to Germany and even added a laughing emoji. I told him that any Namibian company would send a German invoice along with whatever was sent to them if it was required by customs in Germany. So due to this unprofessional remark from him I would never buy from them again, myself and a buddy actually wanted to order a few other things from them but due to this incident we decided to get the parts from elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive got a few things from them with no issues , shipped to Canada.

The latest was this front rim, the Euro was down compared to the CDN$ so I went for it, decent deal, quick turn around.  Its a Haan hub and Excel rim,  I was happy to see all it had when it arrived, spacers of course, but also had bolts for brake rotors and abs ring, all you need to supply were rotors and ring.

frontwheel.jpeg.2ff6256c0f5fa599b1cb1fccf3ee5887.jpeg

• Like 1