Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cheap bark busters?

Lewie

Just ordered these handguards listed as specific for the T700

They look to me identical to barkbusters but at about 1/2 the price (sub £65 inc del)

Should be with me in the next couple of days - 

What do you guys think?

C2B9F97E-30EB-4D3E-87C8-678682E64B9D.jpeg

1C8277A4-DDB1-4060-A820-81099BEC7141.jpeg

Edited by Lewie

it aint crazy if it works.  i my self use acerbis factorx 

as bark busters damage's my clutch cable [as i have my handle's downwards]

as it rubs on the bar clam.   not an issue with acerbis factorx

for me i don't think these would work. as its the same style of bar clam.  but again

every thing is better as original

Well they have arrived today and look pretty substantial 

if the weather holds I may fit them later today

The branding is SW-ADVX

In no expert but they look very similar to the barkbusters- just 1/2 the price 

FC338EFE-5DD8-402A-AEFF-1C305F874BE2.jpeg

DCDC6FBB-239E-47AD-AC67-94321D3428C5.jpeg

5760038C-4224-4EC5-B69B-CF4FD532D744.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure these are rebranded KOBRA Handguard Kit 

so could possibly add led indicator inserts

FDD0BBBC-6585-4852-9CA2-67F796C9A5FA.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1

Please show a picture after you crashed.
There are different reasons of price difference between products that look the same, in some cases you pay way too much because of a name in other cases you pay way less because of inferior materials.
Barkbusters use a very strong aluminium (yes, i know quite a bit about metals after working 35 years wit it) and a good way to cut costs when copying other company's work is using low(er) quality materials. Stealing a design also helps by the way.
Example of too expensive because of a name is Pazzo and on the other side most of the Chinese knock off's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply - hopefully not planning on crashing 

mainly just for aesthetics - I’d damaged one of the stock guards so an excuse to swap to something different 

5 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Please show a picture after you crashed.
There are different reasons of price difference between products that look the same, in some cases you pay way too much because of a name in other cases you pay way less because of inferior materials.
Barkbusters use a very strong aluminium (yes, i know quite a bit about metals after working 35 years wit it) and a good way to cut costs when copying other company's work is using low(er) quality materials. Stealing a design also helps by the way.
Example of too expensive because of a name is Pazzo and on the other side most of the Chinese knock off's.

this 100%

Many reports online of the aluminum on these cheap one's just shattering and be very poor quality. Last thing anyone would want is a shattered peace of aluminum near the hands during an off. Even if  a branch hits it. Then there is the argument of supporting the very, very few companies not making things in China and stealing people's products. 

As for not planning to crash, no one plans to, just prepare to. 

Just now, ScorpionT16 said:

As for not planning to crash, no one plans to, just prepare to. 

I do.
Don't want to but i like to go a little further and know i will crash so i do plan for it. My protection is not for show but do do what it's supposed to do.
Since i went more offroad i also changed my personal protection from the standard 3D0 in the jacket for a Alpinestars bionic 3 vest.

Will be sure to upload a pic follow my upcoming crash

- unsure if Barkbuster pioneered this type of hand guard or ‘borrowed’ it from someone else

Looking at the instructions I’m pretty sure they are these- or from the same factory

hpr_00_220_24400_b_1_xl_600x600_crop_cen

KOBRA Handguard kit Mounted on the handlebar internal thread and the bar end, the aluminum backbone is sturdy enough for your most demanding rides. The sturdy aluminum handlebars on the KOBRA handguards protect...

C393AA5D-FECF-457F-9E73-6B7E99CA78FE.jpeg

C07BD392-CDFB-4FB8-BA6F-F54185FE8394.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Haha 1