Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AXP SkidPlate, MaxTorqueCans Header

PNGL

Hello, all.

I was on a topic somewhere last night and read something where people were talking about aftermarket header clearance with aftermarket skidplates. In particular someone was saying that a header he or she bought didn't fit with the AXP HDPE skidplate. If you too have an AXP, the MaxTorqueCans brand header does indeed fit. It's close, but it fits. I even checked after a 7 hour ride this weekend and the skidplate was only slightly warm to the touch where it's closest to the header.

Also, the stock muffler can go right onto this header as well. I only know because they forgot to send the hanger with my Carbon muffler, so I had to wait another week before installing that. With the stock muffler it's no louder, but much more guttural sounding. Deeper, if you will. 

20220530_174320.jpg

20220530_174325.jpg

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️