Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Buyer beware - Triple Clamp Moto

Zero600

I appreciate that this forum is a generally positive place, and having owned a small manufacturing company, I try to be generous toward such companies....that said, I want to share my recent experience with Triple Clamp Moto.

I ordered their engine case covers.  They arrived with what looked like defects - some of the metal inserts in the plastic were barely held in place, with visible gaps.  When I contacted TCM they said (to paraphrase) - "don't worry, that's normal, and we warranty our products."  Well, sure enough when I went to install the covers, one of the insert came right out.

After a bunch of emails asking for help, I finally got one kind of angry response, and then TCM went silent.  I put in a dispute with my credit card company, but I fear I may not see my $$ again.

For anyone looking for case covers, it seems like there are better choices available from R&G, GB Racing, and Acerbis.

The small companies that deliver great parts AND great service deserve our support.  I have had perfect experiences recently with CamelADV and Heed.  Triple Clamp Moto, not so much.

TCM1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have their Scott’s setup and it’s great but I will say it took a while to ship with poor communication on their part. 
they have a vendor thread on advrider that seems to get Shet done if you post in it. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 1

I have their engine case guards and there is no way I can fit the left hand. One of the mounting holes is half a hole out.

• Sad 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I have their engine covers and mine fit fine.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 6/2/2022 at 7:28 AM, Simmons1 said:

I have their engine covers and mine fit fine.

Same, fit was snug & had to be careful not to pull the grommets out on install but all good. BUT, they sent me two of the same covers on the first order, then a THIRD one the same (quickly, upon complaint). In the end i wound up with an entire extra set  at their expense, plus a complimentary hat & stickers. The extra set was then donated in the free parts thread. Communication were always reasonably quick & painless offering fair customer service.  Have since purchased a set tires without issue. Apparently YMMV.

• Like 1