Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

4 day Enduro Co/Utah

Kedo Parts USA

Hey, Everyone. 

Next week I'll be going out to western Co to do a true 4 day exploration/Enduro ride with Sinuhe Xavier. He has been exploring the west for years now. I will be posting a full ride report after and what I have done to my bike to get ready for this trip. 

Cheers, 

Chad

*** I also wont be shipping anything Thursday - Monday  13***

Edited by Kedo Parts USA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did a hour long ride testing for the +70mm windscreen since i'll be riding straight for 8hrs on Thursday. I can say this, with a MX helmet it goes right over my helmet. I am 5'10" all torso. Also as a side note, when I drop it -15mm its 100% clean air as if I am riding a naked bike. I am more than excited to go explore the Colorado Plateau but the Kansas sunset didn't disappoint tonight.  

IMG_2371.jpg

DSC06714.jpg

Edited by Kedo Parts USA
  • Like 2

F9702754-B5D2-4B8F-9904-791F336F76BF.jpeg.db440776b62331475ba16b800391a14d.jpeg

Here’s a little IPhone Teaser

• Like 3

Hey, everyone. 

I am going to launch a 3 part blog/post, and product break downs. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to add all the products I wanted to for the trip but the trip/exploration was amazing. I will say this, I spent most of the time with the windscreen at the low (-15mm) position. Yes I did dump the bike a few times, a found the best way to fix the bent muffler was with a few kicks while on the trail. 

IMG_2580.jpg

Edited by Kedo Parts USA
  • Like 3

sorry last teaser but now with some actual photos! 

Over the past week, I was fortunate enough to travel to Central and Western Colorado with one of the most renowned explores in the USA and automotive industry, Sinuhe Xavier. Sinuhe put together an amazing trip, the plan was for him to take me to his favorite back yard spots and some he hasn't done yet. We covered a little over a 1,000 miles in 3 days. We covered 12,000' passes, Red Canyons, desert, high pines to fields of sage. It was a wondrous trip to say the least. 

as stated before I'll be posting the summery of each day here then a full write up on my blog. 

Over the past week, I was fortunate enough to travel to Central and Western Colorado with one of the most renowned explores in the USA and automotive industry, Sinuhe Xavier. Sinuhe put together an amazing trip, the plan...

@sinuhexavier_Kedo-0492.jpg.8bcddb7936771313e5d4f80aacc737fe.jpg

Edited by Kedo Parts USA
  • Like 1

“This is what dreams are made of.” The mountains of Colorado are perfect for adventure bikes, and the trip is only made sweeter by the friends and fellow bikers met on the way. Taking advantage of the Tenere 700’s ability to handle all terrains, I decided to head to Colorado to take mine out with Sinuhe Xavier, the man that created the Utah Traverse.

sinuhexavier_Kedo-0483.png?v=1655869281

The night before: I was rushing to pack, indecisive about either hauling out the bike or just road dogging it as I planned. I decided to stick to the plan, riding it out will be part of the journey. I’ve double checked everything, tools, supplies, luggage, food, fuel. The first leg of the trip is to meet up with my friend Sinuhe.

Thursday: It was a big day on the bike, 10 hours on what seems to be the straightest highway in the US, I-70 from Wichita to Denver. Early on it was a nice ride, and I stopped at every major town for fuel. I met a fellow rider and future Tenere owner, who had just returned from California on a large touring bike, looking fresh and unfatigued. Based on what I had just experienced, his touring bike was much more enjoyable than my last four hours on the road. I am not sure if it was nerves or the cool air but, spontaneously my legs would start uncontrollably shaking. For the first few hours the temperatures were below 40℉. Eventually, either my nerves wore off or it could have been the rising temps, my legs stopped shaking. From Colby to Denver I passed a handful of motorcycles, one was a small adventure bike with a rider and passenger from Brazil, or at least who had ties to the country as they had a small Brazilian flag on the back of their hard cases...

sinuhexavier_Kedo-0801.png?v=1655869249

Over the past week, I was fortunate enough to travel to Central and Western Colorado with one of the most renowned explores in the USA and automotive industry, Sinuhe Xavier. Sinuhe put together an amazing trip, the plan...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

DSC06754.JPG.e4f9f551157f869213daf3ee7c3fa94d.JPG

DSC06734.JPG

DSC06761s.png.6994897aa0febf346a228d4baa23192e.png

DSC06801s.png.298d2d9609aee655b07a15e01cc020b2.png

DSC06817s.png.778f3706125dc61c73ef018198d65662.png

DSC06829s.png.c98e34c02aa488f3f38ef0c7f8ac2e4b.png

Edited by Kedo Parts USA

Sorry for not following up with the blog post, call me an old soul but I think I may just hold onto the memories and fun I had during this trip. 

It was realistically my first time as an adult just exploring and being in the West. Even though I run this business, I didn't want to taint the

experience with trying to exploit the trip into revenue. I'll probably post the photos here and there but keep the fun, struggles, laughter & memories 

to myself. 

Edited by Kedo Parts USA