Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebar risers

Dryrot

2 hours ago, Maty said:

You will not know until You try it. I am 189cm,  stock handlebar and footpegs position, no problem with my back...

I removed mine and i love it. Problem is that now barkbusters & cables are hitting my Acerbis tank cause its higher at the top. Only solution is a 20mm riser or restore the stock tank.

4 hours ago, Oxxa said:

I removed mine and i love it. Problem is that now barkbusters & cables are hitting my Acerbis tank cause its higher at the top. Only solution is a 20mm riser or restore the stock tank.

20mm seems like a lot to clear a tank that should work with the stock setup. Are other people having the same problem with the Acerbis tank?
Is handlebar rotation an option?

7 hours ago, luke29ermtb said:

20mm seems like a lot to clear a tank that should work with the stock setup. Are other people having the same problem with the Acerbis tank?
Is handlebar rotation an option?

Yes everyone has the problem if they run barkbusters. Rotation only makes the problem worse

Edited by Oxxa
  • Like 1

I might aswell go ahead and remove the Acerbis tank. Can you all help me decide?

Pros: +6 liters of fuel, less fuel anxiety, less fuel stops.

Cons: leaking and super annoying cheap cap, more top heavy, too much fuel moving inside the tank causing balancing issues, requires handlebar risers, not compatible with steering dampers

What do you need more, your back without pain (possibly) or  more fuel range? Where do you ride that you need 400km range, like regularly not once in few years ? There are better options for sporadic/ infrequent need of extra fuel storage.

39 minutes ago, Maty said:

What do you need more, your back without pain (possibly) or  more fuel range? Where do you ride that you need 400km range, like regularly not once in few years ? There are better options for sporadic/ infrequent need of extra fuel storage.

Its not that I need 400 km but i am able to fill once every 250km without worrying about it. I am doing trans euro trail in the balkans mostly and a day’s worth of offroading is around 200 km but then Shet can go wrong, a trail is blocked or some other thing and you might need to go back and this is when you are fucked.

So this is pretty much everytime i am riding this bike. Its not my commuter or touring bike.

Edited by Oxxa

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, Dryrot said:

Can anyone tell me how much rise can be added to the T7 without running out of cable? Thanks.

Has anyone installed 40mm or 50mm risers with the stock cables?  I'm 6'3" (190.5 cm) with a 34" (86 cm) inseam and the stock bars were too low for me to stand.  I installed the SW Motech bar back risers (up 30mm and 22mm back) but the handlebars are still too low for me to comfortably stand.  I was looking at the Rox 2" (50.8 mm) pivoting bar risers but was concerned that I would run out of brake/clutch cable length.  Does anyone have any experience with 2" risers on their Tenere 700?

Lifetime Warranty Made in the USA 2" (51mm) Center-to-Center Rise Pivots Backward/Forward based on Rider Preference 1 1/8" Stem (28mm) Accepts 1 1/8" Handlebar (28mm) Always check and confirm that your...

SW-MOTECH bar back in black for Ø28 mm handlebars with 22mm displacement to the rear and 30 mm to the top provides a relaxed sitting position that is gentle to your back.