Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cracked T7 Meter Assy

Cooperman

Question

Hi, I recently high sided. As I launched over the handle bars I must have caught the tank bag. It then hit my mobile phone sitting in its quad lock cradle, jettisoning the phone into my Meter Assembly. The Meter Assembly is fine however the front cover is cracked. The cover looks as if it can be removed. I've contacted Yamaha parts and it seems I can't buy a cover on its own and need to replace the whole assembly!! The part cost is a little under $900. Would appreciate your thoughts and comment.

Cheers

Edited by AZJW
Moved thread from General Discussion
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndreT7 said:

I have a spare speedo circuit board with 0 km. For myself, I only needed the screen and case.

Happy to buy it off you..  Since you quoted km, take it you're in Europe 😁.

If you have any pics of the circuit board would be good to.  So I can compare.  CONN3 is missing, not sure if it should be and one it's pins connects to resistor on one side of the ABS button.

Couldn't see a voltage switching when new button was pressed, which could numerous things.

1 hour ago, Hakman said:

Yes that'd be great.  Are you UK based?

I`m in Estonia. If necessary I can take a picture of an exact element that I have. As packaging, my broken case could be used 😉

EDIT:

Snip from the order
image.png.729e699ce2d5a90989b722f705904cfc.png

Edited by AndreT7

1 hour ago, AndreT7 said:

I`m in Estonia. If necessary I can take a picture of an exact element that I have. As packaging, my broken case could be used 😉

EDIT:

Snip from the order
image.png.729e699ce2d5a90989b722f705904cfc.png

Sorry, is this your order for a new part you bought for yourself?  Or price to sell the unit you've got?

I've got the old button off now (using a proper solder station).   Button was shorting out, so my button test wasn't valid (yellow wire contraption in images above).  Just need to find a button now, should have one in work  and test with bike later this evening.  

Will update this post and main post I started later.  On the go and jumping between phones and laptops 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hakman said:

Sorry, is this your order for a new part you bought for yourself?  Or price to sell the unit you've got?

EUR 718 was paid for the whole meter assay. If you are interested in the circuit board I believe we can figure out the value for that. If you will have an alternative button for ABS it doesn't seem worthy replacing the circuit board. Depends what you prefer 😉

2 hours ago, AndreT7 said:

EUR 718 was paid for the whole meter assay. If you are interested in the circuit board I believe we can figure out the value for that. If you will have an alternative button for ABS it doesn't seem worthy replacing the circuit board. Depends what you prefer 😉

Hi Andre,

Thanks for clarifying.  I've got a few things to try first and will get back to you.  At work lab now and found a few buttons.  Will solder them on and head home later and see if it's solved it.  

Cheers

Insurance here is about $550 a year, and a real boon for all sorts of issues.

5 minutes ago, HJP1 said:

Would a 23 dash work on the earlier bikes?

The colour screen - I’d say definitely not

I have for sale a front cover and a LCD screen from a 2022 USA model, that could be used to repair a broken meter.  See the classifieds if you are interested.

17 hours ago, Zero600 said:

I have for sale a front cover and a LCD screen from a 2022 USA model, that could be used to repair a broken meter.  See the classifieds if you are interested.

Thanks. I have a new one installed. I kept the circuit board from the old one, so if anyone is interested I have a new circuit board with 0 milages available 😉